Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How's Cannock at the mo? Also hire bike question.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Off to Cannock with a newbie on Sunday,
    Suppose it’s reasonably dry after the spell of dry weather we’ve had,
    Will it be hammered busy on Sunday at 9, he’s not the most confident yet so are we gonna be holding loads of people up?
    Also he’s thinking of hiring a full suss for the day, can you just rock up and hire or do you need to book?
    Cheers!

tthew

Bits of it were like a swamp last Saturday. Not sure it’s been good drying weather the last week, I’d guess similar. Still really enjoyed the riding mind.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgB2qGBG8Z8[/video]

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll tell him to wear his full Lycra roadie gear then 😆

Scamper
    Free Member

Been keeping off the trails as some sections could do with a rest. Still plenty of standing water on Monday, but if the fire roads are anything to go by, its drying up nicely.

Matt_SS_xc

any update by any chance?thinking of heading up tomo….anyone been out today?

cheers

BigJohn

Tuesday morning was the last time I was there. A nice pre-work couple of hours.

The conditions were really good, but we kept off the FtD and Monkey because we didn’t want to grind them to death, which is what every thoughtless rider seems to be doing at the moment.

Rosss
    Free Member

Just called swinnertons and they’re fully booked on all bikes for tomorow so unless you’ve pre booked i’d plan again :/

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Tuesday morning was the last time I was there. A nice pre-work couple of hours.

The conditions were really good, but we kept off the FtD and Monkey because we didn’t want to grind them to death, which is what every thoughtless rider seems to be doing at the moment.

I went up Monday morning and the section from Tackeroo down to the cafe has had the ass ripped out of it in parts. Didn’t bother with the rest of ftd stuck to the of piste stuff.

Hows the monkey holding up.?

tazzymtb

off piste is riding super quick at the moment with lots of nice early morning ground frost to keep it fast. FTD/monkey needs a rest as it’s bloomin trashed in places.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Agree with some of the comments above – did the Dog and Monkey today having not ridden there for a long while. The trails are indeed pretty trashed. Horrible amounts of braking bumps near even the mildest of obstacles, trails have really widened out since I last went as well.

Also so many people it felt like a Tesco’s queue!

cannock
    Free Member

Its waay muddy over cannock at the minute, all good fun but it slows the pace down somewhat

scruff
    Free Member

S,funny, we were out last night around Sherbrook / Milford and it was pretty much all dry and fast with just a few small bits of cakey mud.

Unfortunatley the deserved popularity of Follow Your Dad and the Monkey are its winter downfall.

You’ll all be best to head to Llllaanndddegggllla whilst we ride around on our off-piste high horses.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How's Cannock at the mo? Also hire bike question.’ is closed to new replies.