Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • howmany units of booze do you go through a week?
  • Hohum
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    Been on less than 10 this past week and low and behold a long term ‘digestive issue’ magically got better.

I plan on testing this though next week to see what happens.

My guts seem to suffer more and more these days the day after drinking and I seem to have these creeping hangovers that get steadily worse during the day.

I think I should cut my 30 to 40 units per week down really.

ojom
    Free Member

Yeah. You should try it.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Probably 35 units…

It’s what we Docs used to say was safe… 😉

And no… It is not an arbitrary unit. It measues the actual volume of ethanol swallowed. Lots of people kids themselves. 1 unit for a short but 2 for most wine glasses and 10-11 per bottle.. 2.5 – 3 u for a pint.

Coyote
    Free Member

You all count?

The ‘unit’ of alcohol is an arbitrary definition of course, it has no particular significance.

As is the number of units that is “safe“. Finger in the air stuff.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I reckon about 30 a week – normally have a couple or three bottles a night.

RustyMac

In a normal week i’ll get through 5-10 units 4-5 bottles of beer.

If i go out with the boys that figure quickly goes out the window, especially when we get started in about the rum but that doesn’t happen so much these days maybe every other month.

TiRed

Doesn’t that mean on some weeks you have to consume negative amounts of alcohol?

No, in this instance the mode is equal to the median (both zero)

If the past 10 weeks, I drink nothing for nine, then 10 units, the median is 0 and the mode is 0, but the average is 1.

brakes
    Free Member

last night I had: bottle of stella, pint of doom bar, pint of doom bar, jaeger bomb, pint of doom bar, jaeger bomb, half a london pride, pint of sammy smiths bitter, pint of sammy smiths bitter, pint of london pride, jaeger bomb, jaeger bomb.
    how much is that? 😀

tazzymtb

0 for me for about 99% of the year with the odd babycham for special events.

samuri
    Free Member

My intake has got less and less as I’ve got older. 4 pints for me now on a night is a heavy night. And that’ll be one night a week. Glas of wine, shot of whisky here and there. Ho hum.

Pass me my slippers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

the odd babycham for special events

Booze fer’t baby?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4z7GSULCBA[/video]

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘howmany units of booze do you go through a week?’ is closed to new replies.