Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • howmany units of booze do you go through a week?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

have to put in a value for a form I am filling in and made me think what the average on here was?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Me, probably 2-6 units on the average working week. On holiday, maybe that much nearly every night, but that’s only 4 weeks a year!

IanMunro
    Free Member

8-24 depending on the week, but about 16 on average.

MrGrim

If I’m oncall then 0, otherwise about 9 a week

donsimon
    Free Member

Very few, a couple of beers worth per week.

Fop
    Free Member

Apparently doctors and the like double your response to this question (as a rule of thumb) as most of us tend to be somewhat economical with the truth on this one!

uplink
    Free Member

About 5 pints of 4-5% beer, whatever that is

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Don’t know about units but I buy a bottle of vodka on Friday and that can last anything from the weekend to all week.

timc
    Free Member

im more of a binge drinker. wont drink for a couple of weeks & then have a blow out & get hammered!

racefaceec90

0 as i don’t drink alcohol (anymore 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m aiming for a couple of weeks worth tomorrow.

yossarian
    Free Member

As much as poss without pissing the bed

hh45
    Free Member

I do 20 – 30 on a normal week and 30 – 50 on holiday. I record my units daily along with my weight and hours of riding. Obviously if this wasn’t anonymous I wouldn’t admit to that. I have an appalling weakness for beer.

pete68
    Free Member

Somewhere around the 50 mark :oops:Thats units not pints.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As I’m in a hotel tomorrow night, I intend to piss and shit in the bed too. I’m at a gay wedding so if there is a bloke either side of me when I wake up, then all the better.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

0 Due to medication 🙁

emsz
    Free Member

saved up my weeks worth

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I dont know, but the last couple of weeks i’ve cut down massively. Previously it would be 2-3 bottles of win and a few pints on school nights, then about 6 pints friday and 6 saturday. Now I only drink at the weekends.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t tend to drink for long periods of time, then will go through 15+ units in a night.

Garry_Lager

About 30-40.

The ‘unit’ of alcohol is an arbitrary definition of course, it has no particular significance.

Junkyard
    Free Member

about 10 a year

Woody
    Free Member

Very few nowadays – some weeks none, others 4-8 units.

If you’d asked me 12 years ago when I lived in London, it would been more like 60-80.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

0 for me! 😛
    (a student who doesn’t drink – shock horror!)

the-muffin-man

Not sure of the units, but 12ish pints of 4% beer – and the odd whisky.

TiRed

Median is zero, Mean, probably less than one. Maximum 10-15 if on holiday.

A better measure is “during the past seven days how many units have you consumed?”

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

saved up my weeks worth

😆

Nice one!

I’m to blotto to actually keep count. 😳

Cougar

About 5 pints of 4-5% beer, whatever that is

About 13, assuming a strength of 4.5%

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

2-6

carbon337
    Free Member

0 – it encourages bad “lifestyle” choices with me

Cougar

The ‘unit’ of alcohol is an arbitrary definition of course, it has no particular significance.

Well, it’s not. A unit is 10ml of pure alcohol. So a 500ml can of Stella at 6% would be three units. A 70cl bottle of wine at 13% would be 9 units. A 25ml shot of JD / vodka is 1 unit, the whole bottle would be 28. Etc.

druidh
    Free Member

5-10 per week

GJP
    Free Member

Probably about 0.1 units a week. Not strictly teetotal but I may as well be.

ojom
    Free Member

Been on less than 10 this past week and low and behold a long term ‘digestive issue’ magically got better.

I plan on testing this though next week to see what happens.

Maybe 2 bottles of ale a night normally but 1 night on 1 night off. No longer drink to get drunk as i am a tool and i don’t like making people see me dance. It’s not big or clever.

RealMan
    Free Member

Median is zero, Mean, probably less than one.

<nerd>
    Doesn’t that mean on some weeks you have to consume negative amounts of alcohol? Don’t you mean modal..?
    </nerd>

matt_outandabout

0.1 on average

Garry_Lager

Well, it’s not. A unit is 10ml of pure alcohol. So a 500ml can of Stella at 6% would be three units. A 70cl bottle of wine at 13% would be 9 units. A 25ml shot of JD / vodka is 1 unit, the whole bottle would be 28. Etc.

So in other words, it’s completely arbitrary and has no particular significance then? One unit could have been defined as 20 mL, or 8.5 mL, or 1 litre. It has arbitrarily been set at 10 and has no meaning at all as a guide to drinking.

ojom
    Free Member

So in other words, it’s completely arbitrary and has no particular significance then? One unit could have been defined as 20 mL, or 8.5 mL, or 1 litre. It has arbitrarily been set at 10 and has no meaning at all as a guide to drinking.

I like your style. Always thought you were one of the good guys. heh.

RealMan
    Free Member

It has arbitrarily been set at 10 and has no meaning at all as a guide to drinking.

Right, then wrong.

Arbitrarily set, although it seems a pretty logical measurement, one shot = one unit etc. etc.

But as a guide to drinking, it’s pretty good, as it means you can compare how much alcohol is in 2 litres of cider to how much is in 15 shots. Or work out how much alcohol you’ve drunk if you’ve been mixing drinks all night.

As a system, it’s pretty useful.

ourmaninthenorth

Somewhere around the 50 mark :oops:Thats units not pints.

I know someone who, when going to the doctor, was asked about his alcohol consumption. He didn’t want to tell the doc the truth, so reduced his stated intake to 42 pints a week.

Mind you, if I lived in Sunderland, I’d be on at least that every week…

Garry_Lager

Yes realman, as a way of accounting how much bevvy you’ve tanned in toto of an evening it has simplicity in its favour. As a guide to drinking in terms of setting thresholds, limits, guidelines etc it is basically meaningless. Any such guide applied to a general population, which attempts to average consumption over time (x units per week), is futile.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘howmany units of booze do you go through a week?’ is closed to new replies.