Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Howies founders start new denim factory in Cardigan
  • andeh

A friend pointed this out to me the other day, after seeing it on the news, knowing I’m a fan of nice jeans…

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22246100

…”oh, Cardigan, that’s near howies, I’ll have a look later.” Then, just now, I though “Hiut sounds a lot like Hieatt….and wasn’t that the name of the couple who started howies?” A quick Google later, and sure enough, it is.

Whether you want to pay £100+ for a pair of jeans, or not, it’s good news for British manufacturing.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I have a couple of pairs of Hiuts, they’re great. £230 for a pair of jeans may seem a lot but they’re probably the best jeans I’ve ever worn. Mine were made by a lady named Elin, she signed her name inside them.

scotroutes

I think you’ve misunderstood. The are made in a factory in Egypt where, of course, they write right-to-left.

hh45
    Free Member

This happened a while ago I think. the new Jeans co got a PR inspired article about it in one of the flight mags i read in the summer (BA or Easyjet).

I think Howies is better than ever and presumably not disconnected to the Heatts leaving. all pretension and no practicality IMO.

andeh

I’d imagine it’s got more to do with them separating from Timberland than the Hieatts. They left sometime ago, did they not? Either way, I completely agree, howies seem to have had a second wind after an extended period of reduced quality.

I really like the new Labrador shirt on their store 😆

peterfile
    Free Member

Jamie Hibbard (formerly of MBUK) did a good article on them recently which is worth a read.

Classic STW Niche Jeans

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think you’ve misunderstood. The are made in a factory in Egypt where, of course, they write right-to-left.

**applause**

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jamie Hibbard (formerly of MBUK) did a good article on them recently which is worth a read.

I need one of those pics with a “not sure if taking the piss or serious”. 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

It may have been more accurate if I’d written “Jamie Hibbard didn’t wash his jeans for 6 months and then wrote about it”

🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I could increase the accuracy of it peterfile but it might involve a bit of swearing. 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Howies founders start new denim factory in Cardigan’ is closed to new replies.