Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Howies Bib Shorts – impressed
  • iainc

I got a pair of the 3/4’s on that PSA the other week and was pretty impressed with them on road bike. Just got a set of the bib shorts the other day and equally good – decent price (£60) compared to ‘premium brands’ and in my case right up there in quality with my Etxeondo and Sportful stuff. Slight odd feeling when put them on as they feel like crepe stretchy bandage sock type material but after a few minutes hardly know they are there at all. Great pad too.

The £34 PSA 3/4 ones were my buy of the year I reckon 🙂

rhid

Me too! I love the howies cycle stuff. Got a couple of their jerseys too and they are great. I keep checking that site to see if any more howies related bargains crop up!

iainc

yeah, wish I’d bought a few pairs on the Sportpursuit deal now…..

MoreCashThanDash

I should have stocked up too, love the shorts I got last year. Not tried the jerseys yet, nearly succumbed on their last bundle deal.

They do feel odd when you first put them on, excellent description by OP!

jam-bo

shorts are good but I bought a second pair of the Small/Medium 3/4’s in the sportpursuit sale and they are considerably snugger than the pair I bought earlier in the year directly from howies.

got a couple of the jerseys as well, really comfy and look good but the pockets are crap, material is too stretchy/clingy and makes it really awkward getting stuff in/out on the move.

mrchrispy

fan boy here but the jerseys are a but duff in the pocket area, I really struggle to get to mine while riding. feel nice on mind 🙂

traildog
    Free Member

I have also found Howies sizing to be very inconstant. Sometime their medium is like a large.

Leku
    Free Member

Howie Code
    HOW-151-THK
    10% off. Free postage and free returns..

somafunk

I have a spare pair of the s/m 3/4’s from that sale mentioned – bought two sizes but despite being a smallish medium i found the large size to fit better so if you are a small or a skinny medium you can have them for £33 posted otherwise i’ll return them later on this week.

iainc

somafunk – a great buy for someone 🙂 ; unfortunately for me I am an L/XL in Howies bibs….

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

somafunk I’ll take those if still available?

They’d sold out by the time I noticed the sport pursuit offer.

mcj78
    Free Member

I bought the 3/4 tights & the ls top on the sportpursuit deal recently, pretty impressed – especially for that price – however if i’m being picky the tights feel slightly tight round the top of the thighs, dunno if it’s down to the big crotch seam running across the pad maybe restricting the stretchiness in that area, but defo more like a “S” than “S/M” in comparison to my small Endura FS260 efforts. (i’m 5’7″ / 32″ waist & 70kg for comparison)
    J

pictonroad

I like them, the home crocheted by your gran material took me by surprise when I unpacked them.

They seem to resist the dreaded leg hair poke slightly better than others which is welcome.

somafunk

Ok jamie, email in profile/paypal please and i’ll get them in the post t’day for you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Howies Bib Shorts – impressed’ is closed to new replies.