Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Howies 3/4 Bibs
  • tom.nash

Does anyone know where one can get some L/XL Howies 3/4 bins from as they seem to be extinct! Additionally, how do they size up as S/M and L/XL seems a strange sizing offer; I think one would be too tight and the other too large! (6ft, 32″ waist).

Cheers

panzerjager
    Free Member

No idea as to fit but you could give the Exeter store a call, they may have them in stock.

Not an Exeter code, but this is the number they give on their site:- 01267 228 419

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

No help but yeah the sizing is weird – I even emailed them when I got some to tell them it was weird!

I’m exactly the same dimensions as you, I went for S/M but I think they’re a tad small tbh

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

It’s also inconsistent. I have some s/m from earlier in the year that fit me perfectly, the pair I picked up cheap with sport pursuit are way smaller and my mrs has claimed.

CaptJon
    Free Member

If they are constructed like their bib shorts you’ll probably be fine with the S/M. I’m 6’1″ with 32 waist and the material is soft and stretchier than any other bibs i’ve worn above the top of the thighs. I wound the S/M short a little on the short side for my height, but that should be fine with 3/4s.

tom.nash

Might try a S/M and always send them back but they are meant to be good..

Clink

I’m 5’10” and found S/M very snug on my thighs – they rubbed on inner seam and eventually wore a hole.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Go large

BadlyWiredDog

I got some 3/4s S/M from SportPursuit half price, I’m only 31″ waist, but the fit is very tight. Also, they have an inner seam which doesn’t stretch as much as the fabric itself, so if they’re a little tight, you get a sort of cheese wire effect line running up the inside of your thighs and under your crotch which I found actively painful. Bloody awful in fact.

I’m sure they’re fine if they fit you and the fabric has a nice feel, but I’d be wary of them if you think the fit might be snug, that inner seam is a bit rubbish.

Anyone want to buy some unworn Howies S/M 3/4s at 30-odd quid?

jam-bo

Makes me wonder if they had a batch come in that were undersized and dumped them on sportpursuit.

dti

large / xl is fine for me at 5 10

BadlyWiredDog

Makes me wonder if they had a batch come in that were undersized and dumped them on sportpursuit.

It may be that I am just fat and delusional of course… but the whole two sizes fits all concept seems optimistic. I did wonder if that inner seam is simply wrongly stitched, but you’d expect Howies to get stuff like that right, so I suspect it’s more that the fabric has more stretch than the stitching, even it’s zig-zagged, it still has finite stretch, so if you’re muscular in the wrong place, it simply won’t stretch enough even if technically you’re in the right size range. Who knows…

iainc

I have L/XL in both 3/4 and bib shorts. 5ft 10, long back, 34 waist. They fit a treat and are super comfy.

continuity
    Free Member

I am 6 ft, generally 32 waist but reasonably athletic in build (a sprinter not a climber – squat 130 dl 170) – and I found the sm howies ok everywhere but my calves.

Maybe I just like it tight?

allyharp

I’m 5’10, 34″ waist and ordered both sizes direct from Howies and found the S/M too small in the thigh, like most others. L/Xl fits great except maybe a tad longer the leg than 3/4 should ideally be. They are the comfiest bibs I own fwiw and I plan to buy the regular bibs at some point also.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

6′ with a 34″ waist. L/XL fit me well.

tom.nash

Cool, thanks folks. Now to try and find some L/XLs..!

tom.nash

Cool, thanks folks. Now to try and find some L/XLs..!

Emailed Howies; they are not getting any more for a while. Rubbish. Good reviews, obviously sold well, don’t re-stock! :-/

roverpig

I guess the boat from wherever they are made takes a while to get here. One of the downsides of globalisation I guess. The upside being cheap bibs 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Sizing seems strange – 6 foot and 32/33″ waist, strong legs, skinny calves. S/M superbly comfy, wore them for 6 hours on Saturday, felt lovely.

mcj78
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog –
    It may be that I am just fat and delusional of course… but the whole two sizes fits all concept seems optimistic. I did wonder if that inner seam is simply wrongly stitched, but you’d expect Howies to get stuff like that right, so I suspect it’s more that the fabric has more stretch than the stitching, even it’s zig-zagged, it still has finite stretch, so if you’re muscular in the wrong place, it simply won’t stretch enough even if technically you’re in the right size range. Who knows…

I’ve had a similar experience tbh – i’m 5’7″ / 32″ waist & 70kg and feel i’m at the upper limit for the s/m size, especially round the thigh – I agree with the comment about the seam across the crotchal region maybe restricting the materials ability to stretch as much as it needs to…

j

tom.nash

Perhaps back to the good old Endura MT500s then!

roverpig

I’m 6′ tall and my jeans tell me that I have a 32″ waist (although I think they are just being kind). I ordered the L-XL sh34rts last week and they arrived today. They are a pretty snug fit. Not around the waist but around the thighs and overall length. They are stretchy enough and should be fine, but I wouldn’t want them any smaller.

thorlz
    Free Member

og – Member
    I got some 3/4s S/M from SportPursuit half price, I’m only 31″ waist, but the fit is very tight. Also, they have an inner seam which doesn’t stretch as much as the fabric itself, so if they’re a little tight, you get a sort of cheese wire effect line running up the inside of your thighs and under your crotch which I found actively painful. Bloody awful in fact.

Same here. Feel comfy whilst being worn but afterwards leave a sore/rub mark in the same place as you say.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Howies 3/4 Bibs’ is closed to new replies.