Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Howgills / Bowderdale this weekend – cry off because of the weather or MTFU?
  • ikimbunza
    Free Member

Had planned on doing the ride in the Howgills in this months STW on Saturday but the weather forecast looks a little iffy. Do we go anyway and give it a go or go somewhere else? Just conscious that the STW guys seemed to have a hard time of it in the wind on top of the Calf…

Anyone else done the ride in the rain? Anyone know what conditions are like up there?

Should i just stop worrying?

Chris

2hottie
    Free Member

MTFU. It will be an adventure.

terrahawk
    Free Member

go on Sunday.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

IMO it should be OK. You're exposed from the top of Winder to the summit (30..40 minutes), but once you drop into Bowderdale it's sheltered, and the rest of the ride is low level. I've been over it in rain and it was OK, though the view was compromised. I'd avoid if the wind was bad.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I noticed on today's ride near Ingleton that the wind picked up viciously around 2pm 🙁

ton

it is july……………..MTFU

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it is july

har har – early in the ride the sun suddenly broke through the heavy overcast for a moment, and I thought to myself the high angle was some artifact of the clouds till I realised it wasn't November as I'd thought from the conditions, but midsummer 🙂

[and yes I can easily forget what month it is]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Howgills / Bowderdale this weekend – cry off because of the weather or MTFU?’ is closed to new replies.