Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • How ya like me now??!?! (New-Non-Fugly-Carbon-456)
  • chunkymonkey1982
    Free Member

Whats everyone talking about? Thats a nice looking frame. Like a stealth bomber

I want one.

gamo
    Free Member

Looks good, my mate replaced his remedy with one and loves
    it!

chakaping
    Free Member

Nice, I know people won’t believe this but they really do look alright in the flesh I think.

I think mine will end up looking a little similar to that. Donor bike arrived yesterday so will be building over Xmas.

Still not sure if to put stickers on

I’m leaving mine bare, like when people take the numbers off the back of their BMWs.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Mr Poddy

I used to like you till I saw this 🙁

Now I want one to replace my too small hardtail frame

Best try to get it sold and save my pennies

Cheers

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Quite like it.Reminds me of an orange sub zero.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Damn you Peter I’ve just ordered one now 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i quite like them, i really like that new red/black decalled one thats just come out! really looks nice!

if i was having one like PP id just have it debadged – boy racer style, ok more stealth should i say! i think it would look really cool with no decals at all….

that said, as above the new black one with red decals looks the bizo!

if i was buying a h/t again, i think id go down the path of the carbon on one 456! i actually like the shape of them too!

Hairychested
    Free Member

PP, I love black bikes, I dislike most CF frames’ looks. It’s your bike nevertheless so only your opinion matters.

j_me
    Free Member

Excellent tyre-logo valve alignment.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

You can never have enough black imo

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Excellent tyre-logo valve alignment.

I’ve been doing it since my 1991 Cindercone (which was also black) so I’m fairly good at it now….. I do aim to please! 😉 😉

RestlessNative
    Free Member

pp, how does the chainring clearance compare to the 853 inbred…a normal 853 that is not the reworked chainstay you have

would a 22/36 fit with lots of room?

nickc

you can’t polish a turd

I believe a recent episode of Mythbusters proved that actually, you can…but thats for a different thread.

Looks good, don’t normally like black bikes but that looks cool, nice one. Price is stunning for the sort of bike you’ve got there. Prefer open cables as well, but then I run proper gears (Shimano) so they’re not as prone to shifting issues as SRAM (joke).

Ride report soon?

ctk
    Free Member

I think its a good looking frame to start out with and your bike looks ‘ready’! Shame the finish aint up to much though.

singletrackmind

more importantly , what is that gopping fridge from the 80’s doing in your shiney new kitchen?
    nice bike btw , but then its naked carbon so you cant really go wrong imo, would look good in my mancave alongside my Proflex.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

more importantly , what is that gopping fridge from the 80’s doing in your shiney new kitchen?

Waiting for us to drop ‘decent hardtail money’ on a Samsung American-style fridge in the next couple of days in the ‘sales’ before the VAT goes up!
    It’s for sale if you want it! 🙂

pp, how does the chainring clearance compare to the 853 inbred…a normal 853 that is not the reworked chainstay you have
    would a 22/36 fit with lots of room?

It’s a big improvement certainly, and mud room us still very good. The chainstays are quite flat in that area. Offering a 36t ring up to it for size, it’ll certainly fit and I reckon there’ll be a reasonable amount of clearance but I’d wrap the chainstay in something as well! 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘How ya like me now??!?! (New-Non-Fugly-Carbon-456)’ is closed to new replies.