Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How would you remedy this….build help needed…29r…
  • ton

on a frame with 1 braze on at the top of the down tube, and the next for the rear mech outer bit of housing..

si-wilson
    Free Member

Ton YGM

Swayndo
    Free Member

Ton, is this the Chumba?

The Alfine you are getting doesn't use any frame cable stops. It's a full length outer and just zip ties onto the frame.

Any joy with a rim yet?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zaskar
    Free Member

Thats about how much clearance I have!

momentum
    Free Member

That doesn't look very clever – is there any way to set up a derailleur on these frames to avoid that or is it hub gear/SS only if you want tyre clearance?

muggomagic

I'd go for full length outer and cable tie.

Sam

You mean you want your cake and to eat it? 😉 Full length outer is the only solution, or just live with it…

jfeb
    Free Member

Is it designed to be run like that or should it be full-length outer? if the former, that is pretty crap.

I can't see any reason not to go to full length outer though, apart from having to resort to zip ties to secure it.

fozzybear
    Free Member

i'd run some flying snakes personally.

Junkyard
    Free Member

pretty sure you just need a new bike…..you know you want to.

JoeNation
    Free Member

Is it worth trying to knock up a cable guide with a bit more width? If you could find some 1/4" thick plastic sheet or rod (model shop?), maybe you could file a groove for the cable and drill a hole for the bolt.

bigsi
    Free Member

Ok so whats the solution to this one?

I'm thinking of ordering one of these before xmas but wouldn't be happy with that set-up, and yes i plan to run gears.

Would be interested to hear what Si-progressivebikes soultion is.

Post up or e-mail me Si.

Cheers

the_pilot
    Free Member

Full length and cable ties, the rohloff ones are re-useable and easy to change out.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

cable ties eat into your paint! Maybe try to sourse a longer and more angled bottom bracket cable mount.

clubber
    Free Member

Cable ties don't eat your paint if they don't move. If you're that worried, put some helitape underneath where they're going to go.

fozzybear
    Free Member

honest flying snakes are designed for exactly this type of application ton.

it run's an inner all the way from shifter to mech over the inner cable to protect it..

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Hey will move though, thats the problem!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How would you remedy this….build help needed…29r…’ is closed to new replies.