Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How will people cope…
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Christmas Day episode of Downton Abbey will be pitched directly against EastEnders, according to TV schedules.

The seasonal outing of ITV’s popular period drama will be screened at 20:30 GMT – the same time as BBC One’s flagship soap.

Doctor Who will be screened at 19:30 GMT, going head to head with an hour-long Coronation Street on ITV.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25205053

if only there was a device that would solve these terrible 1st world problems

somafunk

A better idea….

Northwind

I’ll deal with the Dr Who/Christmas dinner clash by watching it in about 2 years when I catch up with the DVD Mountain.

batfink
    Free Member

I would rather watch an Australian kniting a scarf out of her undercarriage than any of that lot

somafunk

Hmm… to be fair i’ll be round my folks so i’ll probably watch Dr Who, Peter Capaldi as the doctor should be good, i wonder if he’ll bring any of “Malcom Tucker” to the role?, he could sort the daleks out once and for all with just a few choice expletive strewn rants.

kevj
    Free Member

People who make telly work on Christmas day? Poor sods.

zokes
    Free Member

i wonder if he’ll bring any of “Malcom Tucker” to the role?, he could sort the daleks out once and for all with just a few choice expletive strewn rants.

Dalek: Exterminate! Exterminate! Ext… [interj]

Dr Who: You **** **** **** **** **** ****!

Dalek: Oh, never mind.

Drac

Yay 2 lots of shite out of the way at once.

It’ll also make the MIL head home as I won’t allow it on.

john_drummer
    Free Member

not a problem for me, I don’t watch any of that rubbish.

question is, is there anything good on TV over christmas? IIRC even the obligatory Bond film / Great Escape is no longer sacred…

winston_dog
    Free Member

Isn’t this all a bit past it with Lovefilm/iplayer/boxsets and torrents?

jon1973
    Free Member

if only there was a device that would solve these terrible 1st world problems

VHS? Pffft. I’ll stick with my Betamax machine thanks (it rewinds the tape automtically, you know).

derek_starship
    Free Member

I won’t be in a fit state to watch anything on TV.

I intend to polish of a bottle of Grey Goose by noon and fire up a few rocks in the crack pipe before I make a very alternative Christmas dinner.

Pious gits.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How will people cope…’ is closed to new replies.