Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • how wide?
  • alpin
    Free Member

reading some of the threads of late and it would seem some are riding around with 2 1/2ft plus of tubing laced through their stem.

i’ve recently fitted 690mm having had 640mm. i’ve really noticed the extra 2.5cm either end. it helps open up the bike and adds more stabilty on techy bits.

where are you riding because i’ve found more than one ‘bite’ point on the local wooded single track…..? open moor land?

ton

between 27 and 28”.

simondbarnes

22″ flats at the moment.

carlos
    Free Member

+1

ton – Member
    between 27 and 28”

brant
    Free Member

30in – 760mm here.

steveh

760 on the dh bike, 710 on the full sus xc. Riding mainly in the peak district.

matthew_h
    Free Member

700mm on both my jump bike and my main bike. Main bike does everything from xc to dh. Riding is mainly in the Peaks.

paule
    Free Member

710 on boingy bike and XC bike, 680 on the BMX and jump bike. I’m thinking of trying some 700mm+ flat bars with barends on the XC bike – anyone tried this, and if so, how was it?

carlos
    Free Member

Oh yeah, ride most places inc The Peak, Trail Centers and local trails/woods

carlos – Member
    +1

ton – Member
    between 27 and 28”

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

28 inch bars on my alpine but i only run them becasue my bmx has 27.5 inch bars and it feels strange riding a bigger bike with narrower bars.

Shandy
    Free Member

I’ve just cut mine down to about 680 from 710, I feel more in control with my elbows more flexed and outside my hands.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

760 Nukeproofs are my widest by far, down to easton EA70 flat bars

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

690 on the tandem – up from 630 recently on advice. Better control but less comfy. 630 on the solo – thats fine. I cannot imagine wider than the 690s – it would be a totally uncomfortable riding position for someone of my size – shoulders and elbows at funny angle

bruneep

Just cut mine (DH bars) down to 700mm as I kept clipping the trees at Inners

Oxboy
    Free Member

710 full suss, 680 hard tail, narrow flat things on the roadie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘how wide?’ is closed to new replies.