Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How was your Monday morning?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Mine? Oh, just a 1,000m+ yomp up here:

I wanted to complete at least one of the 2,000m+ peaks around Morzine before my 40th next month. A couple of aborted attempts this summer thanks to lack of time and incoming weather. So I flew out on Sunday for £83 return. It costs me £75 to take the train for work to London and back!

Perfect autumn weather to do it. Point de Nantaux is known as the vertical km here, and unlike most of the other high peaks, you can’t drive up to c.1,500m for a boost start – you have to start this one from <1,000m. My route started from 945m, getting to 2,170m in less than 3km horizontal. 40% average climb. It’s like climbing the stairs for over 2hrs. Coming down is about as much fun.

Clicken-embiggen

Inspired by this vid the other day. Having lugged my substantially erotic 95Kg frame from 945m to 2,170m, I think those parapenters are on to something when it comes to the descent.

[video]http://vimeo.com/141049897[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

I’ve spent most of it in bed so pretty darn good actually. After a quick hours ride that after dropping kids off at school that is.

anagallis_arvensis

I’ve spent most of it on the toilet with rampant shits whilst trying to entertain a 4 year old who is off school with the same….. I think yours has been better

trail_rat
    Free Member

i had an eye test that i forgot to revise for this morning 😀

so even though i hate walking id have been more happy there.

Bruce

I got to teach a hearing aids practical to a group of first year audiology students, which was quite nice but I would rather be up a hill.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Been to physio had my knee taped up. Making progress with knee from injury sustained in March. Been referred to bio mechanics as my leg is still pointing outwards and referred to see the Orthopaedic consultant for pain in my hip.
    Now watching a film and relaxing as we fly to Rhodes on Wednesday.
    May head on mountain later this evening.

Stoner
    Free Member

Was anyone doing any work this morning? 🙂

tonyg2003

Nice! I was at work from 7am and your view is spectacularly better then mine. BTW that reminds me to post you your book back!

Stoner
    Free Member

Aha!
    Hope it was of some use.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve had to explain about 100 times why I have a black eye and a cut on my cheek bone! 🙁

Repeat ad infinitum, tripped over my bike and scudded my eye off the edge of my bed!

Truth, I smoked far too much weed, whitied and as I was trying to open a slightly jammed door to go for a lie down for 5 minutes, I went right through the door and scudded my face off the side of the bed! 😆 D’oh!

I was going to make up a story about an epic crash I had on the bike, but i’ve not really got enough damage for that to ring true!

stewartc
    Free Member

I spent up to 5:30am in Chiang Mei airport trying to get some sleep on the floor or on what passes for seats there, the flight back home being delayed by 10 hours at that stage.

Yours looks way better.

growinglad
    Free Member

Very nice it looks too.

95 Kilos you say..

DezB
    Free Member

That was certainly better than mine!
    Mine was shite.
    Drove to my do last night and taxi’d home with the plan to ride down, pick up the car and carry on to work in the morning.
    So when does it piss with rain for the first time in weeks? And when does the motorway have a massive accident so the A roads are all jam-packed?
    Monday morning, that’s when.
    Arse.

tonyg2003

Oh and sore neck after the spectacular tree-bar clip and OTB yesterday!

Stoner
    Free Member

95 Kilos you say.

I’m worth 2x deadlydarcys

P-Jay
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

I’ve spent most of it on the toilet with rampant shits

Me too! But I had to come to work on 2 hours sleep (shits, or rather fear of shits kept me up).

Had flu for a week, then that became Pneumonia so a over-nighter in Hospital, a week of struggling to breath as I cleared my lungs, 1 day of feeling *almost* normal, 3 runs at BPW – feeling pretty good – Son’s birthday yesterday, wanted to go to Pizza Hut, processed Fat and Gluten (or whatever they make Pizza out of these days) and I’ve been pissing out my arse ever since.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa that would explain the quality of some of your posts today !

Excellent @Stoner, I was contemplating a cheeky last trip out before Verbier lifts shut on 24th but reality has got in the way.

My Monday has been very dull working on two legal letters including an outstanding issue from my divorce 😐

The one piece of good news is the poor wether arrived today and not at the weekend.

nickc

water pump fubared on Saturday, and garage phoned to tell me that it’ll cost at £800 to do the bits that they can see are wrong, to get the car running again (hopefully) and see what else has been killed….

I’ve had better Mondays it has to be said.

slackalice
    Free Member

My Monday was fab thanks OP.

Yours however looks even better! Enjoy dude! 8)

Stoner
    Free Member

nick – while out here this summer, I cracked the head in the campervan. That’s €2,000 I wont see again 🙁

And M. La Grenouille mechanic managed to break the PAS pump and turbo vacuum as well. It was a long drive home without a turbo, and having to top up the PAS fluid every 300miles….

vickypea
    Free Member

A bit rubbish. I’m on the 20th day of a migraine that won’t shift.

nickc

Stoner, that sounds painful. 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Still going. 🙁

I just met an astronaut, though. Which was nice.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Stoner do you just come here to show off? Lovley photos.

Second Monday morning in new job. Very much not sure about it but being as I hate the work I do I think all jobs for me are auwful!

onehundredthidiot

Had to complete my professional learning plan, finish my coaching course essay, review data for attainment appraisal tomorrow, oh I also had two cover lessons both with “that class”, bike club in the rain. Then home to find that some armed criminal twunt robbed somewhere so the other half will be home sometime in the future.

Altogether a day words cannot describe. Tomorrow should be better but finishes with root canal.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How was your Monday morning?’ is closed to new replies.