• This topic has 57 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • how was your bank holiday?
  • IainGillam
    Free Member

Got up at 4.00am Friday, drove 8hours from Glasgow back home,
    Saturday drove 2hrs to bike science for a preliminary bike fit (highly recommended) found out I only really fit 2 tt bikes and neither is a Cervelo – unfortunate. Sunday, 3rd triathlon in 3 weeks and 5th race in same time period. Won age category but only 4th overall, not happy, free t-shirt was a bonus though. Watched Belgian GP then tried to source aforementioned tt bike no success. Monday had breakfast, speed session running, 2nd breakfast, gym session, Lunch, re organised shed n+1 rule leading to little space for new bike arrivals, 2nd Lunch, recovery ride, dinner then bed.

Quite a fun weekend all in all.

Iain

cupra
    Free Member

There was a bank holiday ❓ Just like any other work day exept a lack of incoming phone calls. Hope those of you who were off enjoyed your riding 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Spent Saturday fitting new flooring to the hallway, including cutting teh damn stuff to fit snuggly round the base of the stairs & newel post as the missus doesn’t like beading on wooden flooring, then erm cut the laws – they were like a jnugle after 2 weeks of warm & wet weather.

Rode on Sunday, did Llandegla. My mate couldn’t ride his Five as he fecked the brakes “fixing” them, so he took his single speed – he then proceeded to snap the chain halfway down the new black, so carried/scooted it the rest of the way round amidst taunts from us all day 😀

Monday was a trip to B&Q to get the rest of the stuff to finish the hall & stairs, new doors, skirting, architrave, beading, lights, socket facias etc – so guess what I’m doing next weekend.

On the plus side got a letter from the inland revenue saying i’m getting a Tax rebate, think I might just go and get an Whippet with SID’s :mrgreen:

VanHalen

bike? what bike?

went to the amex stadium on saturday for a bit of hospitality at Brighton and Hove FC. very nice harveys. excellent stadium. top result 2-0. seasons started far too well. not looking forwads to the dip in form.

normal stuff for the reat.

P20

Great weekend in Hawes, biking saturday and monday. Walk with waterfalls and caves on Sunday. Plenty of ale. It did sound like the river was going to flood our tent on saturday night though.

Pics HERE

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah it was alright.

Taff
    Free Member

Went to Kent for the weekend to stay at a mates folks new house, 80 odd acres of woods with some lakes and a cabin in the middle of it. Did some kayaking, drinking, bbq and freezing my a** off in a tent on the first night when we thought it would be more exciting than the cabin! Got out on the mountain bike for the first time since february which was pretty awesome though.

Now I feel really tired but only 3 more working days and then Egypt for2 weeks – boom!

grum
    Free Member

Pretty damn good actually. Went to Wembley with my brother and watched the RL Challenge Cup Final on saturday, which was a cracking game with the correct end result. 😀

Did very little on Sunday.

Went for a lovely ride around Grizedale & Claife Heights yesterday with the missus who is getting loads better at the techy bits which is nice.

I think I take the trails in the Lakes for granted sometimes – I’ve been riding in the Pyrenees in the last couple of weeks which was great, but some of the stuff in the Lakes is just as good, albeit in a different way (shame the weather isn’t as good though).

Haze

Finished putting this together to replace my cracked Cayo frame and took it out for spin…

stoat

Mine was rubbish, worked the whole of it! even on call over the nights:-(

BiscuitBoy

Ups and downs really.

Fri – Job interview success – that was good
    Sat – Built a triathlon race venue – no rain – good company
    Sun – Flu – sub optimal – No biking 🙁
    Mon – Slept all day, like a shattered corpse – No biking there either.
    Tue – Handed my notice in, spent rest of day surfing the web. Things back on track at last.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Didn’t ride at all, but had a great time.
    Took my 3-yr old up a decent sized hill. (Skreel, near Dalbeattie) He walked most of the way up and down, not bad going.
    Took him and his cousin to run round the “bombholes” in the local woods. They loved it.
    Took both of them to the seaside at tynemouth yeserday. Bl00dy cold, but they loved that too.
    Oh, and my missus rode her new road bike and liked it (phew!)

singletrackmind

Sat. Work 9 – 13.00 Windsurf all afto then BBQ at neighbours
    Sun. Work 8 – 9.00 Tesco , Gp , Windsurf rest of afternoon
    Mon . Work 7 – 13.00 Local 12 mile loop as no wind + broke my front brakes .

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Shopped on Saturday.
    Bar-B-Q on Sunday.
    Sold my old sus forks on the STW “For Sale” forum on Moonday.

Ya gotta love the interweb thingy…

jp-t853

camping and cycling in kintyre so very good

mboy
    Free Member

Saturday rode the Marin Trail at Betws Y Coed for the first time. Got very wet and muddy but had fun.

Sunday rode the longest loop at Penmachno for the first time. Got very wet again, but once again had lots of fun.

Monday rode the black at Llandegla. Enjoyed it much more than last time (think cos I was on my hardtail not full sus), got more air in one ride than I most of the last 2 years, and generally had some fun.

Also made a few new friends which is always good, and had a good laugh at people who take their hobby way too seriously… Oh, and got a shock by a complete lack of ability or any kind of skill by a qualified skills coach! Note to anyone thinking of spending money on skills training, not all skills coaches are equal, and not by a long shot! Always go with someone who comes highly recommended (Jedi say) than someone you know nothing about if you don’t want to risk wasting your money…

Hareydan
    Free Member

I rode the new trail at Ashton Court for the first time, which I enjoyed, then I fell off riding a cheeky trail through Leigh Woods, which I didn’t enjoy so much 🙁

jedi

mboy, who was it?

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘how was your bank holiday?’ is closed to new replies.