Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How tough is a WTB i23 ST?
  • Northwind

I’m a big fan of WTB rims- had some i25 Frequencies that were just ridiculously tough and my Stryker XCs are grand too- but I just realised that what I thought were frequencies on my spare wheels, are actually STs. Should have noticed before, I just never really thought about it.

Anyway, these are basically my dh/hard use wheels, for any time I’m a bit scared I’ll wound my crabonz… So I don’t mind that they’re weighty but they’ve got to be solid. (just putting them on for an inners uplift, they’ll be off to italy later in the year and up to teh fort for the endurance downhill…)

So… Are they tough enough? I’m not that hard on wheels, a Frequency would be fine for me but I don’t know about these so I’m fairly tempted to swap…

jakd95
    Free Member

A mate managed to rip a nipple and it’s washer thingy straight out of one this weekend at Inners in a small crash. Rode the rest of the weekend on it minus a spoke and with the rim bed half cracked through. He is quite light though.

kimbers

i have some i25 st and they are pretty good, needed truing after bedding in then again after 6 months, but survived a year on my process, uplifts, races, megavalanche, still keep them as backups – Ive broken every brand of wheel ive ever owned, apart from wtb, but give me time

Northwind

Cheers folks, I guess I’ll stick with them and see what happens!

fudge9202
    Free Member

I’ve run them in 29er flavour and never had an issue they never needed trueing, I liked them as a fit and forget I’ve now bought two in 650bsize to build up into a set for my Habit. I think building with quality spokes has a lot to do with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How tough is a WTB i23 ST?’ is closed to new replies.