Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How tough is a Spesh Sirus or Giant FCR?
  • Jase
    Free Member

I currently have a fully rigid Orange Gringo with flat bars and slicks that I use as a general training rides of about an hour or so, all on road.

In the summer I use it mainly on the road but in the winter or when its dark I’ll use cycle ways which means going up/down dropped kerbs and riding on fairly uneven path ways.

If I replaced my Gringo with something like a specialized Sirus or Giant FCR would the 700c wheels cope with this or are they likely to fall apart very quickly?

Many thanks.

RichPenny
    Free Member

If it’s for training rides, why would you want something that makes it easier?

geoffj

Ive got a spesh sirrus as my commuter. I’m a heavy rider and its been fine for the sort of things you are talking about. I did have the rear wheel rebuilt about 6 months ago after a series of broken spokes, but other than that, it’s as tough as old boots. Recommended.

Jase
    Free Member

I’m not specifically looking for something to make things easier, just something newer.

I’d be happy with another mtb but these don’t seem to exist anymore with rigid forks.

Jase
    Free Member

Cheers Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How tough is a Spesh Sirus or Giant FCR?’ is closed to new replies.