Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How tough are i pads?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Not very if you were the bloke that walked ito the wheely bin and dropped it. A salutory lesson dont walk along the pavement reading hi tech gizmo if you dont pay attention to randomly distributed street furniture.

I did feel quite sorry for him.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Oh dear. On the plus side at least he didn’t have to go far to dispose of it.

sas
    Free Member

Depends. If it’s for work wouldn’t it come under WEEE regulations?

derek_starship
    Free Member

You can’t nuke them from space.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

It’s “tough” if you want to view any page with flash content.

I like this TwopTwip (from Twitter):

“Pretend you have an iPad by disabling Flash in your browser and having a less than satisfactory internet experience.”

Gary_M
    Free Member

My wife and son both love theirs and I’ve not heard one ‘I’m having a really bad Internet experience’ yet. I would imagine that if you didn’t give them some protection they woud soon look a bit messy but so would a laptop.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

I don’t have a really bad internet experience, just a less than satisfactory one.

Shame, cos otherwise it’s perfect!

peachos
    Free Member

i wasn’t sold on them at all until my house mate brought one home and showed me this. now i REALLY want one.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atTOXRgybg[/video]

CountZero

It’s “tough” if you want to view any page with flash content.
    I like this TwopTwip (from Twitter):
    “Pretend you have an iPad by disabling Flash in your browser and having a less than satisfactory internet experience.”

Perhaps one web site in thirty or forty I look at requires Flash. I then go to an alternative that doesn’t need Flash. Their loss, not mine. My ‘Internet experience’ remains perfectly satisfactory, thank you. Flash is unnecessary as this website proves, our web designer at work refuses to touch it, hasn’t used it for years, and is continually amazed that people still insist on using it. Java does the job perfectly well, and even Adobe have introduced the means for exporting Flash-generated graphics to an iOS compatible format. As I’ve pointed out before, STW members have been banned for advocating the use of ad-blocker because Flash slowed down their machines and caused heavy CPU cycles.

maxray
    Free Member

Flash still has its place. And ipads rock.

petey_pants
    Free Member

Oh no, annoying flash ads don’t work. Never mind

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Their loss, not mine

Nope, whilst Flash is still around the ipad can be frustrating. I don’t want to have to find “alternatives” to the website I’ve chosen.

Love the ipad but it isn’t without flaws, and for me this is one of them.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well the new ipad comes out next week which is carbon, and will no doubt render the old ones an embarrassment to be seen with 🙂

At least that chap didnt fall into a shopping mall fountain!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How tough are i pads?’ is closed to new replies.