Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How tough are Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-XC6
  • Travis

I live in quite a rocky area, but rarely drop off anything more than 3ft high… would they be okay?

Currently use Mavics 717 on some Novotec Hubs, but looking for an upgrade.

Stu

How fat are you? 😉 Serious question actually as the recommended weight limit is 85kg!

More helpfully, for the price they are excellent. Have been using a set for 4 months now and they have survived a fair amount of abuse without dinging or going out of true. My only slight concern is that they ping a bit on really steep stuff, but to be expected given the weight.

dickydutch

Ive got the Sp-XC3 version. Only weigh 74kg, have done a few races on them and some suepr rocky lakes rides not a problem. bear in mind the weight limit though!
    Id definitely reccomend them. They're subtly understated as well – the hubs come in black or black. (When I bought them anyway) Unless you can get your hands on the Hope Factry Team Green ones……

rickmeister

Well I bent one in half on a trail in Spain but to be fair it was operating beyond what was reasonable for this wheel…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I'm 75kg and give my SP XC3's a hard time (eg Innerleithen XC flat out). No problems at all – unless you count scratches & scrapes.

judderman
    Free Member

Had a pair on a ti hardtail for 4/5 months no problem, lightweight and accelerate quickly. Split the hardtail and put them on my E120 snapped a spoke and buckeled wheel badly on 4 rides out of the next dozen!?? sent back to Hope and they kindly respoked and upgraded to 2mmm spokes twice and Bikecity once but still had the problem? I weigh 12 and half stone and dont do drops or jump. Hope could not explain why so eventually I got rid of them. No got pro 2s with Stans flows.

Travis

I'm 65-70kg (depending on drinking season), so weight shouldn't be a problem.
    They sound good, and you've given them a good review, so I reckon they're the ones for me…

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How tough are Hope Hoops Pro3 SP-XC6’ is closed to new replies.