Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • how to..diy clean a camel back bladder and hose without the proper kit?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

yes im a cheapskate.my bladder and moreso the hose are getting black algae type stuff inside. forgot to drain it a few times.
    how can i clean inside especially the hose?
    i know camelbak sell a kit but any other ways?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Buy cheap baby sterlising tablets…they are all the same get the cheapest.

Soak and rinse the Bladder
    Freeze it do this after every /most rides – freeze that it
    Tube – soak a lace in sterlising solution and tie a smal knot in one end push the other end through the tube (curtain wire helps) PPull through slowly cleaning the tube.

odannyboy
    Free Member

hmm
    cheers not a bad idea.
    why the freezing tho?

BigJohn

I just use Tesco's version of Milton sterilising fluid.

Djnova
    Free Member

I freeze mine, kills the bacteria, well atleast stops it growing 😉

ebygomm
    Free Member

For the hose I find a wire coathanger straightened out is exactly the right length to push a little piece of sponge/cloth through the tube thus removing nasty black gunk

curiousorange
    Free Member

I've used plain old Domestos (other brands of bleach are available et cetera) in the past. Just give it a good rinse with cold water after.

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Rinse it out after every ride then store it in the freezer, I've done that with mine for the last 10 years and it's still going.

bassspine
    Free Member

homebrewing steriliser/cleaner in bulk is cheaper than baby bottle cleaner by a large margin. Especially if you have it around for homebrewing anyway 😉

djglover
    Free Member

tie a bit of jcloth to a gear cable and feed through 💡

Philby

Bicarbonate of soda, Milton's sterilising fluid and freezing are all ways I've cleaned mine and it 7 years old and had no gunk problems.

cinnamon_girl

Wash (with washing up liquid and warm water) after every ride. A stitch in time and all that …

simon_g

Got a Decathlon near you? They do a great bladder cleaning kit with all the brushes, plus a hanger/airer for 8 quid.

winstondog
    Free Member

I use milton type tablets and also "steradent" denture cleaning tablets, needs a good rinse afterwards or leaves everything a bit minty!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘how to..diy clean a camel back bladder and hose without the proper kit?’ is closed to new replies.