Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • How to use a discussion forum.
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

According to my university (we are using this method of learning for a research methods module) you should “remember that the main rule when taking part in discussion forums is to show respect for the other people on the forum i.e. try not to offend anyone (as you would normally do) by not swearing and keeping in mind that everyone’s opinion is a valid one.”

Seems too good an opportunity to miss…

AlasdairMc

Is this your rainy day troll?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Nope. Sunny today.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Get drunk – type cobblers. Sorted 🙂

j_me
    Free Member

You own a University?

crazy-legs

You own a University?

No, he’s just studying for a degree in trolling. 😉

simonjf63
    Free Member

Very poor troll

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s not a troll. It’s a comment. If the rule above was enforced here we’d all be banned.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Where’dya live SBZ? the Atacama Desert? If it was sunny I’d ride my flippin bicycle, not troll on uptight middle aged internet forums. Do you get points on here for unlocking trolls? (I’m going back to me xbox)…

Jamie
    Free Member

If it was sunny I’d ride my flippin bicycle,

To be fair to SBZ, he posted at 8pm.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

DFTT

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair to SBZ, he posted at 8pm.

The Atacama Desert still has a couple of hours of daylight left.

j_me
    Free Member

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Kevevs – a person with your education should know that nothing lives in the atacama desert.

LabWormy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Kevevs – a person with your education should know that nothing lives in the atacama desert.

Flamingos do apparently.

Does Anything Live There?

Many people have the view that deserts are places forsaken by Mother Nature and that no living thing would possibly want to set up camp in a place so dry. Although it is tough to find anything living in the Atacama there are isolated pockets and small patches of plants, which support life for animals and insects. Some plant species have adapted well to this dry environment by developing tap roots that run very deep into the ground gathering water from below. There are flocks of flamingos that live in and around the salt lakes feeding on red algae that grows in the waters. There are even people living in the Atacama.

There is a town called Calama in the desert which is complete with motels, restaurants and shops, but it is definitely not the norm. For the most part, Atacama is a pretty lonely place. Humans have lived in the Atacama for many thousands of years, based on the cultural relics and artifacts that archaeologists have found. The South American Indians who have set up housekeeping in the desert over the millennia have left relics from their culture and even themselves. Because the Atacama is so bone-dry the bodies of the buried indians have dried perfectly preserved turning them into mummies. Some of the oldest mummies found anywhere on earth have come from the Atacama Desert and have been dated to be 9,000 years old!

mogrim

keeping in mind that everyone’s opinion is a valid one.

Bollocks.

Really: bollocks. If you honestly believe, say, that “the world is flat” your opinion is not valid, it’s stupid. I don’t respect that belief, I might (depending on beer drunk) tolerate it, but it’s not valid and it’s stupid.

mogrim

Loads of stuff lives there, at least if Yahoo Answers is to be believed:

Atacama desert birds;

Nandu (Pterocnemia pennata) also called Suri, Grey-Hooded Sierra-Finch (Phrygilus gayi), Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia), Turkey Vulture (Cathartes aura), Andean Flicker (Colaptes rupicola), and etc.

Atacama Fauna;

Culpeo Fox (Dusicyon culpaeus), Vicuñas (Vicuna vicugna), Guanacos (Lama guanicoe), Viscacha (Lagidium viscacia), Mountain Viscacha (Lagidium viscacia), Desert foxes, and etc.

Atacama Reptiles;

Iguana Chilena (Callopistes palluma), Saltflat Lizard, and etc.

Atacama Flora;

Ananuca Amarilla (Rhodophiala bagnoldii), Suspiro (Nolana elegans), Garra de Leon or Lions Claw (Leontochir ovallei), Ananuca Roja (Rhodophiala phycelloides), Caiophora andina, Oreja de Zorro Amarilla (Aristolochia pearsei), Pata de Guanaco (Calandrinia), Terciopelo or Cartucho (Argylia radiata) and etc.

Atacama Cacti;

Copiapoa, Candelabro Cactus (Browningia Candelaris), Cardon Grande (Echinopsis atacamensis), and etc.

Atacama Desert Flower;

Cistanthe celosioides, Cistanthe arancioana, Oxalis carnosae, Piojillo (Malesherbia humilis ), and etc.
    Source(s):
    Check here;http://www.atacamaphoto.com/atacama-flora/desert-flora-1.htm
    ;http://www.atacamaphoto.com/atacama-flora/desert-flora-6.htm
    ;http://www.atacamaphoto.com/atacama-flora/desert-flora-3.htm
    ;http://www.atacamaphoto.com/atacama-fauna/atacamafauna-1.htm
    ;http://www.atacamaphoto.com/atacama-fauna/atacamafauna-2.htm

julianwilson
    Free Member

Where does the university stand on the use of the ‘double positive’ in forum discussions?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Loads of stuff lives there

Never mind about that ………… get cycling

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbOPWjcGeUA[/video]

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m so flattered SBZ you don’t think I’m thick, I dunno what to type! Obviously a Tier 1 troll of the highest order. Reverse psychology eh? I’ve got your number….
    what if google/yahoo etc were just lying, just taking the piss, making stuff up… everyone on here would look a bit silly!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Brian Cox says that nothing survives there, not even bacteria so thats good enough for me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

but Brian Cox wanders about mesmerised by the Beauty Of It All, with his own following orchestra, as he gets his wallet pillferred by a clued up youth in a hoody. and is also responsible for some terrible music. So bollocks to brian Cox. he was better in Manhunter.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

And your point is what?

Kevevs
    Free Member

there is supposed to be a point? you started this thread!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Correct.

j_me
    Free Member

Brian middle name sucks.

SBZ for what its worth I agreed with the sentiment of your short lived thread.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Rubbish troll, why do I bother!

ahwiles
    Free Member

everybody can get bent, including me, and my head-cold.

get bent.

X

luked2
    Free Member

and keeping in mind that everyone’s opinion is a valid one.

Whatever! I reckon mine is valid about 30-40% of the time. It’s certainly not right now.

Kevevs
    Free Member

agreed luked2, I think my mind and my opinions are an ever shape shifting form, like that chick in star trek 6: The Undiscovered Country.

CountZero

There’s around fifty Dakar racers wandering around lost in the Atacama, so there’s some life there. At the moment. It’s certainly dry, and very frackin’ dusty, judging by the Dakar footage I’ve been watching. I wouldn’t want to be following any of the trucks, that’s for sure.

iDave
    Free Member

I’m upset that I’ve been using the forum incorrectly.

Is there a course I could go on?

Kevevs
    Free Member

There are 50 or so baby robins living a terrible existence in the atacama desert RIGHT NOW. what can YOU do?

Lifer
    Free Member

Donate just £3 a month to help?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dakar racers in the Atacama?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep Deadly……………….they’re lost 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’re about as lost as they could **** be! Who signed their “Fitness to Race” certificate? Smee?

Jamie
    Free Member

Smee?

Nah, it was some Glupton fella.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like he belongs in a zoo if he’s that crazy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘How to use a discussion forum.’ is closed to new replies.