Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How to tell if a bird is pregnant?
  • globalti
    Free Member

We have a pair of blackbirds hopping around the lawn and chirping loudly at the cat. One of them is browner and therefore must be the lady. If she was going to lay some eggs, would we be able to see a bulge? How many do they lay at once?

Stuey01
    Free Member

Offer her a seat on the bus…
    if she says thank you and sits down, pregnant.
    if she cries, fat.

samuri
    Free Member

If she starts having a right go at you for being a sexist pig, politically correctly confused feminist.

Keef
    Free Member

if they start crying, shouting abuse, at you,tell you they love you (all at the same time)then eat all the left over biscuits, crisps ,curry etc.

they is up the duff.

globalti
    Free Member

How would she say that in tweeting language? She doesn’t have many words at all, just chip chip chip chip chip endlessly whenever the cat is around.

scaredypants

chip chip chip chip chip endlessly

nah, they all do that – pregnant or not

donsimon
    Free Member

This never was going to go well… 😈

mrsgrips
    Free Member

Boys 😉 you’re all so predictable and that’s coming from a pregnant ‘bird’

they do get fatter bellies…but I thought they’d have laid by now, but I could be wrong; I’m not native to the UK so not sure when they lay their eggs

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

would we be able to see a bulge?

No, not imo.

EDIT : The frantic chirping at a cat suggests that the eggs have been laid/hatched and the parents are panicking at the sight of a carnivore imo.

flip
    Free Member

All your money disapears 😥

£500 for a buggie??

anonymouse
    Free Member

Is it a baby robin?

roper
    Free Member

If they are attacking the cat, there is a good chance they have already laid and are defending their nest. I have no idea what the weather is like there but they would probably have young too rather than eggs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How to tell if a bird is pregnant?’ is closed to new replies.