Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How to tell frame year on a Santa Cruz.
  • a17esh
    Free Member

Hey.

After looking at huge ammounts of bikes and narrower them down to the heckler and Yeti ASR 5. i have decided to go for the Heckler – every cruz I have been on just feels right.

So ive seen one but unsure of the year and need some help. The chap thinks its 2011 but I think 2009.

Any ideas how to tell.

a17esh
    Free Member

iolo
    Free Member
    V8_shin_print
    Free Member

the first 2 digits of the ID number on the underside of the bottom bracket will be the year.

carlos
    Free Member

09 will have pinch bolts on the swing arm pivot
    11 will be the bolt through axle style on the pivot

I think it actually changed in 2009 as I was (apparently) one of the first few to have the bolt through design and I got it in Oct 2009

HTH

Carlos

smatkins1
    Free Member

Can anyone else confirm the first two digits is the frame year, my santa says 00 and it’s a 2012 frame.

They are two quite different bikes you’ve picked there.

A short 130mm travel pedallable trail bike and a 150mm travel single pivot bike which I would consider as more focused on going down than pedalling around. Unfortunately it’s geometry might feel a bit odd to a modern descender.

iolo
    Free Member

I owned a 2007 heckler.
    It climbed well and descended brilliantly.
    Who cares what it’s like compared to the “latest” geometry.
    It’s a great bike.
    One thing to be aware of is they size up small so definitely try before you buy.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The first 2 digit rule applied to my dog of a Nomad.

ricky1
    Free Member

I’m also wondering what year my superlight is,I need to get some new bearings from Santa Cruz but there are a few different years,it’s the curved swing arm rather than the hard angled version so it’s 2009 onwards I suspect,I’ll have a look under mine.

a17esh
    Free Member

Thanks guys..I guess im not too bothered abiut the year, more i dont want to pay 2011 money for 2009 product.

The info above is good stuff.

carlos
    Free Member

smatkins1 – Member
    Can anyone else confirm the first two digits is the frame year, my santa says 00 and it’s a 2012 frame.

I’d suggest it used to be like that, but it’s Defo not true for mine, the first two digits are 80.

Can’t you just drop Jungle an email, give them the frame number and see what they say, it’ll remove all doubt

fruitbat

Hey a17esh – you do know that you could get a very nice Alfa 166 for the money you’ll be spending on a pushbike 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How to tell frame year on a Santa Cruz.’ is closed to new replies.