Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • How to stop yourself becoming Mr Creasote?
  • slimporcini
    Free Member

I quit the cigs last May and found myself in the same sitiuation.
    Keep a diary of everything you eat, seeing it all laid out in front of you has helped me to cut back.
    lost 5lb in two weeks.

hora
    Free Member

Before a ride I used to have:

3 scrambled eggs
    3 sausages
    1 butty with 4 rashes of bacon.

Plus Lots of sugar/jelly babies mid-ride = sugar crash mid ride.

Now I eat Dorset cereals/chopped banana, natural yoghurt and goats milk. Its MENTAL the difference.

Oh and no carbs post 5pm except once a week curry/nan beer fest

PrinceJohn

Now I eat Dorset cereals/chopped banana, natural yoghurt and goats milk. Its MENTAL the difference.

That sounds much less tasty…

thecaptain
    Free Member

I find that when I stick to generally low-fat food, it’s hard to eat enough calories to get fat. Big bowls of cereal (low-fat milk), fruit, pasta and tomato sauce, sandwiches with thick (but tasty) bread and not too much filling, thick vegetable soups, that sort of thing. Keep off the chips, curries, and (nasty fried) pizza.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Top effort on the fags Binners, good man.
    Celery is your friend, chomping on the foul stuff helped me loads.

hora
    Free Member

PrinceJohn. Its crazy nice. I used to eat big fry ups thinking I was filling up for a ride. All the fat did was slow my digestion the wrong way. I hate all other cereal and porridge gives me zero oomph.

Still bacon ROCKS

hora
    Free Member

PrinceJohn. Its crazy nice. I used to eat big fry ups thinking I was filling up for a ride. All the fat did was slow my digestion the wrong way. I hate all other cereal and porridge gives me zero oomph.

Still bacon ROCKS

LoCo
    Free Member

I found a dose of Quinsey ( not an 18th century ailment caused by excessive consumption of swan and port that it sounds like) was very good for weight loss and another help in not smoking or ever wanting to again, a stone in 2 weeks was a bit much.

I’d suggest dried fruit to snack on and loads of water too helps

LoCo
    Free Member

Go easy on apricots though or you will foul your undergarments 😯

jekkyl

From Wikipedia:Peritonsillar abscess (PTA), also known as a quinsy or quinsey, is a recognized complication of tonsillitis and consists of a collection of pus beside the tonsil in what is referred to as Peritonsilar space

Nice!

LoCo
    Free Member

Haha yes, not being able to eat, drink or talk and having the beginnings of breathing difficulties is less than ideal the treatment is rather unpleasant too, and they won’t knock you out either I asked as I hate needles and it was not far off being a spear sized one 👿

On reflection, go with the apricots between the two and crap yourself thin

clubber
    Free Member

Ah yes, a quinsy. I enjoyed that too…

Bunnyhop

Those ‘After Eight’ mints are a swizz. They’re just mint munchies flattened and put in paper wrappers.

Said in French accent: “But Sir just one more waffer thin miiint” – booom!

JoeG
    Free Member

For inspiration – Kate Moss on a mountain bike! 🙂

tarquin
    Free Member

Pretty face, pity the rest of her is like a stick insect.

Reminds me of the gangly monster Chris Froome powering up the climbs elbows and all.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘How to stop yourself becoming Mr Creasote?’ is closed to new replies.