Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How to stop the Monday morning feeling
  • rjj
    Free Member

Recently I have been finding that on a Monday I am far more grumpy, disinterested and generally unhappy to be at work yet by Tuesday I am felling fine. I am guessing this is due to just coming back to work after what is usually an enjoyable and relaxing weekend with the family.

I cannot be alone in this so my question is how do I overcome it? I don’t want to spend every Monday feeling like this.

PS Retirement/not working are not an option

bigyinn
    Free Member

Cut out the coke / ale / hookers on Sunday nights?

mark90
    Free Member

Avoid that Monday morning feeling by working all weekend.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomd
    Free Member

Get a job you like more

globalti
    Free Member

Your weekends are enjoyable and relaxing? Can I come and stay?

maccruiskeen

One thing that can muck up your working week is having different sleep patterns at the weekend, sat or sun lie-ins, rather than make you feel rested, make you feel like you’ve gotten up too early on monday morning. It makes it feel like you’re changing shifts. So (if you don’t already do so) try and get up at the same time at weekends.

jam-bo

4 day week, 3 day weekend has been a massive improvement in quality of life without too much impact on income.

binners

bigyinn – Member
    Cut out the coke / ale / hookers on Sunday nights?

Or push on through into Monday.

woody2000

In the words of Withnail 🙂

All right, this is the plan. We get in there and get wrecked, then we’ll eat a pork pie, then we’ll drop a couple of Surmontil-50’s each. That means we’ll miss out Monday but come up smiling Tuesday morning.

DezB
    Free Member

5-a-side football Monday lunchtimes gave me a reason to come in on a Monday.
    Now I’m injured, only way is to ride in. Avoid the shitty traffic, stay fit.

fasthaggis

Get a job you like more

^^^ This

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Simply cross out all the “Mondays” on your STW Calender and replace with “Funday” 🙂

peterfile
    Free Member

Plan something regular and fun on a Monday after work.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I am guessing this is due to just coming back to work after what is usually an enjoyable and relaxing weekend with the family.

I’m guessing its due to you not liking your job.

D0NK

I’m guessing its due to you not liking your job.

how many people actually like their job, I mean given the choice, are there more than a few token nutters who would turn up to work rather than bugger of on a bike ride or something else instead?

I don’t particularly dislike my job, it’s ok, can be fun, but monday morning (and every other day of the working week) there’s still a lot of other things I’d rather be doing.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Gary_M
    Free Member

I don’t particularly dislike my job, it’s ok, can be fun, but monday morning (and every other day of the working week) there’s still a lot of other things I’d rather be doing.

Me too, but if it starts making you miserable any day of the week then it’s time to go.

You can like something but still prefer doing something else instead.

goon
    Free Member

I am far more grumpy, disinterested and generally unhappy to be at work yet by Tuesday I am felling fine.

Are you a lunberjack?

rocketman
    Free Member

Why be grumpy on Mondays? Treat all working days the same

Simples

binners

Give yourself something to look forward too. Start a regional franchise of the Monday Night Pub Rides. That way, no matter how bad the day is, it’ll finish with bikes, mud, merciless piss-taking, then pies, crisps and beer

rjj
    Free Member

Most of the time I enjoy my job – doing something I am interested in, good variety of challenges, something different everyday and a good amount of holiday – just not on a Monday morning. As has been said plenty of other things I would rather be doing but they are not going to pay the mortgage or keep the kids in clothes.

kayak23

Try to think of people worse off than yourself.

For example, I do a mathematics evening class on a Monday evening after a hard day working. Just think how I must feel about Mondays…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How to stop the Monday morning feeling’ is closed to new replies.