Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How to stop sweat dripping onto glasses/eyes with a Fox Flux helmet?
  • kevin1911

Just wondering if anyone has come up with an innovative solution to stop sweat dripping from your head/helmet onto your glasses or into your eyes whilst riding?

I use a Fox Flux helmet, which doesn’t really have a sweat band, unlike my previous Giro Xen. But even the Xen was only marginally better at stopping the sweat dripping down.

The main reason it’s bothering me is that it always seems to happen at the most inopportune moments – e.g. when entering a technical bit of trail, all the sweat that’s gathered in the front of the helmet drips down on the first drop-off, covering the glasses and making the rest of the technical section a white knuckle ride.

Normal sweatbands don’t work cos the helmet comes down quite far on the back of the head.

Not wearing glasses isn’t an option – I need them to see, and can’t use contacts (or get laser surgery 🙁 )

Anyone got any other ingenious solutions or ideas?

Kevin

druidh
    Free Member

Wear a Buff? I have to do that in the summer on my road bike and it works fine.

lipseal
    Free Member

+1 druidh

kevin1911

That might work actually. Not sure if it will fit round the back of my head though, as the helmet comes quite far down the back of the head to give more ‘protection’…Will give it a try

cnud
    Free Member
    elaineanne
    Free Member

a Buff… !

Philby

+ another recommendation for a buff – lots of different ways to use them.

GW
    Free Member

don’t wear a helmet and you won’t sweat nearly as much.

kevin1911

Cnud – that looks like just the sort of thing I had thought would do the job. Didn’t think it would actually exist though. Do you know if it fits under the helmet or over it?

sharki
    Free Member

Buff here for when i used to sweat.

Now i’m just dust and wear cling film to hold myself together.

HTH

cnud
    Free Member

Should fit just under the front band of your lid, not sure on a fox though.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Another vote for a buff here.

oldgit
    Free Member

Sometimes a smear of Vaseline above the eyebrows works. Or press the front of the lid into your head every so often to squeeze out the sweat.

Lummox

Buff works with my xen and flux, wear it pirate bandana style with a low knot. Very good for sweaty lummoxes

theotherjonv

Get a cheap Buff (Oxford make them sold in 3 packs through m/bike shops) and cut it into headbands approx 2″ wide. They’re thin enough to fit under your helmet, don’t cover the top of your head (until winter when a full buff is nice), and you will get 5 or 6 out of one buff so you can change it after lunch stops, etc. and put the other on the back of your camelbak where it’ll dry in no time.

kevin1911

Tried a buff on this mornings ride, and it seems to work a treat. Thanks all!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Just chill out a bit? Wear less clothes? Or as GW says

grimey
    Free Member

Squirt have started making something for just this purpose! Was on ST Fresh Goods a few weeks back.

See here! (might need to scroll down a bit)

alpin
    Free Member

don’t know if this has been posted…. saw them in some bike shop in Italy this year….

i laughed.

cheers_drive

I also suffer badly from swaet falling into my contact lenses or glasses so this thread is pretty useful.
    I have a buff but for keeping my head warm in the winter. I’m not sure I want to make it any warmer in the summer though. The sweat gutter looks like it should to the job so I might give one a go. The squirt thing would be ok if it was plain but not with those gash graphics.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I would have had the shit kicked out of me if I’d have worn that when I was playing rugby. Very amusing.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How to stop sweat dripping onto glasses/eyes with a Fox Flux helmet?’ is closed to new replies.