Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • How to stop glasses fogging up?
  • johnhe

I posted on here a while ago, and was advised to buy some Nikwax vision stuff (which was the crapest of the crap by the way – no impact whatsoever on my riding glasses fogging up).

Any other suggestions?

nickjb
    Free Member

Ride faster.

matther01
    Free Member

Heard rubbing candlewax on the inside of the lenses is supposed to work but never tried.

I have a cheap pair of polaris clarity glasses £13…and they havent ever fogged up no matter the conditions.

stewartc
    Free Member

Put some tissue at the top to help air circulation, otherwise ride faster

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I just use window polish every now and again. seams alright on my Bolie saftey specs

DT78
    Free Member

I’ve given up trying on the mtb in winter, just ride without and accept getting the odd bit of crap in the eye.

thepodge
    Free Member

I used to use some motorbike visor stuff which worked but it attracted dirt & dust like mad

I find keeping moving but also having them a couple of mm further down my nose helps

tomd
    Free Member

Some glasses are better vented than other, that also helps. My current cheapo riding glasses have vents along the lop. I’ve recently tried some motorcycle visor spray which also seems to help, but it’s only meant for the inside of the lense otherwise it attracts dirt.

pictonroad

I’ve found the only solution is to leave them at home, ex contact lens wearer, I have tried EVERYTHING. Past a certain point nothing works.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Bob Heath visor spray. Worked wonders on my Oakleys

boblo
    Free Member

Yep, wear contacts…. After 30 years of mountaineering and cycling, for me the only really effective solution. Mind, if you’re long sighted, just take em off.

hs125
    Free Member

Another method:
    Put one small drop of liquid soap on the inside of the lens, and wipe around with a soft cloth until you can see clearly through.
    Works about as well as many of the more expensive options, but I don’t think there is anything that completely stops fogging up if you are hot and the air is cold and damp.

J-R

The only thing that works for me is contact lenses. If it’s raining or foggy, that’s what I’d use instead of glasses.

tomd
    Free Member

For normally riding in cold onditions I just use contact lenses. However, for cyclocross this just isn’t going to cut it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I had given up on a solution until recently. The combo of washing up liquid in the lenses and a bandana/headband work 95% of the time for me now and that is enough for me to become a glasses wearer again!!!

Like skiing and googles, I think it’s important to resist the temptation to take glasses on and off all the time.

cossyrush
    Free Member

Hilco Fog Buster for me.
    Apply it to my glasses before every ride and never have a problem.
    Without it it’s the fastest way to ruin a ride.
    You can get it in wipes or better is a small spray bottle.
    Glasses4less was the best place for it last time I bought some.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I used to do the washing up liquid thing hs125 mentioned, on my motorbike helmet visor.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I always use washing up liquid. It works every time on my Oakley lenses 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘How to stop glasses fogging up?’ is closed to new replies.