Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • How to stop a baby waking up at 5am?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

6.45am today! Feels like I’ve had a massive lie in!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

LOL – just a distant memory.

Eldest never woke early – youngest up and into our bed until 7 yrs old – I now look like a 65 year old.

Our pattern has switched now – try getting a 13 year old to wake up before 10am!!
    But I still wake at 6am, agree best bit of day – partial inversion in the Peaks this morning, light frost, scoot around the local bridleway, back for a full breakfast.

Anyhoo – just wait till the teeth start, it’s just bloody relentless.

SSB_UK
    Free Member

Don’t race up if the baby wakes at 5am – ours does some times, we wait and she goes back to sleep or, if she’s still unsettled we’ll pick her up, straighten her bed / bag and settle her back down – “it’s not time to get up yet”. It’d be very rare that we actually felt like we had no option but to get up at silly o’clock.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think the thing is to try some of the things suggested but go with the flow of your child – you can’t make them stay in bed or be asleep so don’t try to fight it. Don’t forget that all babies are individuals so don’t gauge your child’s behaviour by that of another child.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Own room or still in your room is what I’d ask the OP?

From what you describe there is an element of behaviour involved, toddler wakes, cries, cries more when told to go back to sleep. Parent gets up with child, child has “won”.

damo2576
    Free Member

Own room or still in your room is what I’d ask the OP?

I had her in own room at 2 weeks!

Its actually got better last few days, not sure why, I think its just a few more days of her learning that she may as well not scream as any time before 6 we dont come!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘How to stop a baby waking up at 5am?’ is closed to new replies.