• This topic has 21 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by bonj.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How di I silence squeaky yappy dog, that yelps incessantly?
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

My neighbour who is the most inconsiderate twxt bought a yappy three years ago. This Miniature Schnauser has been squeaking and yelping all frxxging day (again)! It get s left unattended, sometimes in the middle of the night.

Having fallen out with this idiot after a raft of noise issues over the last 8 years starting with her staging a live band in her garden up until 2:30 in the morning, but in close proximity to at least 50 other considerate people’s homes – yes it happened!

What can I do to get this dog silenced without starting world war three?

I don’t wish to harm the animal – I love animals. Having a dog requires some responsibility on the part of the owner. Not inconveniencing other people being my interest.

I don’t want to involve environmental health as I may have difficulty selling my house when I so choose.

This selfish idiot is incapable of considering anyone else but herself and will go off like a rocket if you dare to question her behaviour, regardless of how calm and courteous you are. She said that the council had contacted her about multiple complaints and then started acusing me of this – wtf! It doesn;t suprise me because, to normal people, it appears that she is dedicating her every waking moment to pixxing off her neighbours! (not enough room to list all the nonsense we have endured)

So i’m a bit stuck. Any sensible advice gladly recieved.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

move?

boxelder

Get a cat?

enfht
    Free Member

I feel for you I really do

My in-laws have two yapping dogs, their new neighbours erected something similar to this and it really does stop the little feckers from barking outside

http://www.petclubuk.com/sp/dogs/dog-training/premium-outdoor-bark-deterrant/3932

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

In my extensive experience, this normally does a good job of silencing dogs:

wwaswas

keep a noise diary.

Contact your council – most are pretty good at dealing with this sort of stuff now as ‘human rights’ legislation gets involved.

Nobby

Report the ‘distressed animal’ to the RSPCA

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Got a similar problem my self. Proper gets on your nerves. Too may idiots in the world who need a needle in the neck instead of the dogs.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Thanx for the tips chaps. Not sure the Anestesal would be legal!

BTW, do they make high power directional versions of the HF audio bark deterent device that I can point at the little blighter?

Better still, a 30kw human frequency version to point at the owner when she sticks her big stupid mophead outside! 😆

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

try a dog whistle when your neighbours at home… or a baseball bat

CountZero

There are dog tablets for calming dogs when travelling. You could try hiding some of these in little doggy ‘treats’ tossed into the garden, then you can let sleeping dogs lie…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

bring it round to my house, it can join next door’s yappy threesome for the firing squad when i’m king

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

on second thoughts bring the neighbour round. not the dogs fault

myheadsashed
    silverpigeon
    Free Member

This

Plus this?

Spongebob
    Free Member

Last night the said animal woke at least five people at 02:54 (even with their closed double glazed windows). The annoying little squeaking continued until 03:30am! All the creature wanted was to be let in so it go back to sleep. Stupid selfish owners! (again)

Given there are dozens of houses within earshot of this creature, i’m sure more than the 5 people I know of were affected.

It’s gotta be a formal complaint to our local EHO when there are a few more entries in the diary!

zaskar
    Free Member

MTFU?

Environmental health – Report her. She’s a bully.

If someone accused me of being noisy I would apologise and sort it out-I know what it’s like being disturbed can be a pain in the b/side.

If she has no consideration and others have complained and she has had a go at you then you should complain as you’re not helping yourself.

Yeah harm the dog and see you in jail? just call the council.

The bitch* will get sorted….

*=referring to dog honest guv’

colnagokid

mistreating the dog sounds like an RSPCA job. Otherwise just poison the little fu~~a. Sausages with your choice of tablets will do the job.

ex-pat
    Free Member

Laxative chocolate – vast quantities.

Most recent event I had like this, the owner denied that their dog barked, denied that I could see it barking from my house (despite me pointing to my house, and saying ‘see it there…’) and then denied EVER leaving the house – dog barks when they go out in the evenings. At this point I realised that I was dealing with a moron.
    Funnily enough they do seem to have curtailed the dog’s barking, so I guess they went on the ‘deny everything’ approach then sorted it out.
    Weird.

TooTall
    Free Member

Get other neighbours involved in a coordinated diary-keeping / complaint-making to the council. It isn’t difficult and doesn’t harm the dog – unlike some of the idiot schemes proposed here.

RealMan
    Free Member

1. Find out what time she walks it and where.

2. Go for a drive at that exact time and place.

3. Aim.

bonj
    Free Member

is there not some ancient law that it’s perfectly legal to shoot a dog as long as you use a bow and arrow and not a gun, and you are standing on your side of the fence when you do it?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How di I silence squeaky yappy dog, that yelps incessantly?’ is closed to new replies.