Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to send music to the stero wirelessly?
  • Garry_Lager

Anyone use wireless streaming to listen to music through their stereo? How is it done? I have a laptop with wireless internet and a stereo. What do I need to get to send music from the pc to the stereo via wireless? The stereo has a usb port if that is relevant.

Markie
    Free Member

I do it with a Logitech Squeezebox. Their site is down for maintenance at the moment, but there are plenty of reviews around. I've got a Squeezebox Duet (old model – now I'd probably go for a Touch) hooked up to the main stero and a Squeezebox Boom in the Kitchen. Lovely bits of kit.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/19/logitech-squeezebox-touch-review/

Roku and others also make equivalent devices.

Drac

Squeezeboxv v2 here just an amazing little gadget, I've got it linked to Napster so have an almost endless collection of music and my iPhone even acts as a remote.

MrSmith
    Free Member

airport express.
    dunno if they work with a pc though.

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

If you use itunes, airport express. Using the airport express means no issues with copyright protected downloads. It works with PC`s too.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

A few squeezeboxes here. Great gadget and if you want to send music to more than one room, with the ability to play either synced or different music, they're great. Work really well with Internet radio (inc. BBC iPlayer streams) as well.

If you've a mac and only want to send to one room then Airport (or possibly the new Apple TV) is cheaper and means you don't have to switch away from using iTunes for some things.

Either way an iPhone or iPod touch is the best solution for a remote.

BigJohn

Not what you asked, but I connect my laptop to the Denon using a cable which has a headphone jack at one end and 2 phono plugs at the other. Technically low grade and rubbish but OK when I'm in the kitchen. I can also stream radio through it, so I can listen to Craig Charles Funk n Soul on Saturday evenings.

footflaps

Airport Express work fine with PCs but are designed for use with iTunes. You can get 3rd party SW which lets other apps drive them (Airfoil I think).

TheFlyingOx

Dunno if this suits your needs, but I use TVersity and stream to my PS3 which is hooked up to the stereo. It works just as well with XBox, Wii, iPhone, Sony PSP + others.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to send music to the stero wirelessly?’ is closed to new replies.