Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How much to replace a steerer on Fox Forks?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

Does anyone know how much Mojo, ot TFT charge to replace a steerer?

Thanks

forge197
    Free Member

I asked TFT for a streerer price on a RS PIKE it was £200+!!

Give them a ring be interested if the Fox is cheaper than an RS for this.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Yeah I think it's cos the whole steerer/stanctions have to be replaced, can't just do the steerer. 🙁 Worst mistake I'll ever make, cutting the damn thing too short….

Forgot to take the stem into consideration! What a f***ing idiot!

kempfab
    Free Member

I paid £99 on top of service cost last August on F120RL's at MOJO's

HTH

geordiepaul
    Free Member

Did they not have to replace the whole lot, just the steerer?

santac
    Free Member

the steerer is bonded in so you can't remove it.
    So you need the whole lot ,about 18 months ago service and new steerer,crown ,stanchion assembly cost me £190 at TF

kempfab
    Free Member

That was steerer, crown and stanchion assembly. My stanchions were shot. I guess price is higher now though? Beware, they cut my steerer back to the length of the original, so be sure to tell them…

The forks have knocked ever since, and the lockout adjuster ain't quite right either.

I dug out the receipt after forge197's post, seems pretty good value now!

nuke

Just out of interest, how short is the steerer now? I've got a set of Revs with a 170mm steerer and thats perfectly good for me…you maybe able to sell the uppers on or sell the whole fork and start afresh.

grumm
    Free Member

Think you can remove just the steerer – I just bought some fox forks that had had the steerer converted from 1.5 to 1 1/8" by Mojo

scaredypants

If steerer isn't removable (I have no idea) I'd second nuke – plenty of people seem to have forks that need new lowers stanchions but have to buy the whole lot. Unless your steerer is waaaay short you might well find a buyer for the steerer/stanchion assembly

geordiepaul
    Free Member

The steerer is about 175mm and it's too short for me. you can see the top of the steerer through my Thomson stem.

nuke

you can see the top of the steerer through my Thomson stem.

So its close? Low stack headset like a Crank Bros and a low stack height stem like an FSA could do it. Then use high rise riser bars to compensate. Might be cheaper.

Having said that, if you've decided its too short, I reckon you'd still get a good price for the uppers on eBay.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I'll see how much it's going to cost.

Do you think they'll still charge for a service? They're brand new forks! Or just labour to replace the steerer?

cp

A set of crown steerer upper tube assy for my 08 talas forks just set me back 120 quid from mojo. I'm half way thru installing them- after an hour they are stripped.

Mojo and TFT will add this cost to a service – so from mojo that would be 120+99=219 quid!! Plus postage each way!!!

I had to do mine cos the stancions wore. Taking them apart takes awhile, but is ok if you are careful and have the right tools.

cp

Trouble is, to replace the steerer, you have to strip the fork pretty much as far as you would in a full service.

stinky99
    Free Member

Just got price from mojo to replace uppers on 09 Fox talas rc2
    £175 for the uppers they wont change them without a service £99 plus P&P £25 Total cost £299 to change a steerer.

geordiepaul
    Free Member

That's the 36's though isn't it?
    The 32 steerer etc is £120 as listed on TFT's website + a service.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How much to replace a steerer on Fox Forks?’ is closed to new replies.