Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • how to remove graffiti from brick ?
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

how to remove graffiti from brick ?

suspect it’s scratched on and not paint/spray can/pen/crayon or whatever as graffiti remover spray didn’t do much

coogan
    Free Member

Buy another brick.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

High pressure water jet or grit blast is going to be the only way. Possibly careful use if a needle gun, but danger of removing too much of the brick face particularly if it’s sandfaced.

Baznav
    Free Member

I think for stubborn stuff they sand blast it.

Alphabet

Sell it off as a Banksy?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I wish there was a way, a house round the corner from me has pigs painted on the side – still clear afteromeone has tried to remove it – I live in a not particuarlr friendly part of sheffield and the family that live there are black. I dont understand how it is has been deemed acceptable to do it in the firt place and then to leave if there for years. I cant imagine what it must be like for the family who live there to have it daubed on there wall.

Every time I come up the road it makes me upset and its not my house. If there was an easy way to get it off id happily do it – and have often been temtped to go and graffiti some flowers over the top

Rant over – but intersted to see what is suggested

Olly
    Free Member

depending on the brick, the outer surface is protective. Remove the top layer and it will dissintergrate over a few years as water will get in. I think the answer is replace the bricks (which isnt actually all that difficult or exciting to do)
    If it was paint based, you could try paint stripper (that proper vicious stuff, like nitromors, or paintbrush restorer)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

😆 @ coogan

unovolo
    Free Member

If its painted or Marker try neat Acetone or Cellulose thinners(pretty much the same stuff)

If its scratched on then effectively the surface has been broken, you can try coating it with something that well help blend the damaged area back in , such as Danish Oil or Wax even try a bit of brown shoe polish.

emanuel
    Free Member

paint over it?
    acid?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘how to remove graffiti from brick ?’ is closed to new replies.