Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How to remedy a leaky bladder?
  • tomhughes46

Evening all.

My Osprey bladder has a small hole in it, quite near the top. I patched it with a Platypus patch a few months ago but this failed last weekend, filling my car and coating my knee pads with 2l of water.

Being a man, I put some trusty duct tape (traditional grey, by 3M) over the leaky patch and this seems to have helped, but does anyone have any ideas for a more permanent repair?

Thanks

T

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Could you use a spot of vulcanising glue? Is that food safe?

tomhughes46

This, Araldite (fixes everything), Seam grip; all have crossed my mind but 1. it’s quite a waxy plastic, not sure what will stick, 2. I don’t want to melt it and 3. I’d rather not elevate my chances of getting cancer any further!

awh
    Free Member

I had a duct tape repair on a Camelbak bladder for a couple of years!

bikeneil
    Free Member

How to remedy a leaky bladder?

Buy a new one?

klunky
    Free Member

Life time warranty on them.
    I emailed and sent photos to osprey and never a had proof of purchase.

They posted me a new one in a few days.

tomhughes46

Klunky – will try this route, thanks. I could buy a new one, but it’s a very small hole and it seems like it should be repairable!

beamends
    Free Member

those park patches work for so long, but in the end i gave up and bought another

ThePinkster

I repaired my 3ltr Osprey bladder with a Park Patch getting on for 3 years ago and HT’s still holding fine. Had a hole near to where the hose attaches.

Make sure the surface is really clean & grease free first though, giving it a wipe with isopropyl helps with this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How to remedy a leaky bladder?’ is closed to new replies.