Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to reheat frozen (bought as chilled) ready meals
  • johndoh
    Free Member

We bought a *chilled* ready meal over Christmas and ended up putting it in the freezer (it stated it could be frozen). Can it be reheated from frozen or would it need to be defrosted first?

(There are no instructions for this option on the packaging).

Cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d defrost it in the fridge over night.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Most have cook from frozen instructions and some designed to be cooked from frozen – even if they don’t you should be OK, most are cooked already so just a case of heating up. Microwave works but is a bit of a faff because if you just leave it you find the edges are hot and bubbling and the interior is still frozen. I tend to heat on low power for a few minutes (maybe 5 or 6) initially just to soften it then break it up into bits before heating it up proper, but stopping it every couple of minutes to stir and try to break up the pieces more each time.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Usually if it can be frozen it will say somewhere “defrost thoroughly” before use if it can’t be cooked from frozen.

Unless it’s a curry from M&S or Waitrose (who do reasonable ready meal curry) – I’d bin it anyway and do some proper cooking 😛

skids
    Free Member

if it can be cooked from frozen then it will say on the packaging, otherwise you have to defrost it

johndoh
    Free Member

I am on STW, of course it’s an M&S curry 😉

If it was for me to eat, I’d gamble but it was meant for our 7 yr old girls so we’ll do it properly another night 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to reheat frozen (bought as chilled) ready meals’ is closed to new replies.