Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How to refit rubber boot to Reverb trigger?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

The rubber boot protecting the shaft on my Reverb trigger has escaped. I wrestled with it for about 15 minutes yesterday, but couldn’t get it back on.

Any tips on how to get it back on without damaging the boot? I’ve tried gently hooking it back on with a pencil, and then rotating it so it would edge it back on, but have had no luck using this method.

Northwind

I think I rolled it back on with the ball end of a little allen key. But it was a pain in the arse, so I’m not totally sure that’s what worked.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I was thinking I could tape up the end of a tester and have a go at refitting it using that.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Indeed a faff.

I bent one of these into a little hook which worked well – now lives in the tool box for just this job.

otsdr
    Free Member

The button seems to have a grub screw, can’t you take it off, fit the boot and then reassemble?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Cheers @otsdr

I’d like to save that for a last resort. It seems to hook when I deform the boot/gaiter thingy. I just need to get it to hold the edge as I rotate it somehow.

jamesfts
    Free Member

The boot goes over the grub screw when fitted so wouldn’t be able to refit and tighten with boot in place.

otsdr
    Free Member

The boot can be compressed while the button is refitted, then pulled over the lip… or is that the issue in the first place? :))

smatkins1
    Free Member

I used my finger and thumb on each hand to pinch opposite sides of the rubber boot and by pulling out and twisting I’ve managed to get mine back on. I wouldn’t leave it off as I could see my shaft underneath starting to rust quickly.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@jamesfts
    The boot at the opposite end of the trigger is the bit that has come off. Or, are you saying removing the grub screw will detach the whole trigger assembly? Maybe I need to find a video.

The bits marked 12,13 is where it needs to be reconnected to.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Did it using @smatkins1 method! Worked a treat once I committed to it like most things 🙂

jamesfts
    Free Member

@jamesfts

The boot at the opposite end of the trigger is the bit that has come off. Or, are you saying removing the grub screw will detach the whole trigger assembly? Maybe I need to find a video.

Sorry – probably confusing matters! I’ve was on about the end nearest where you put your thumb, never had a problem getting the other end back on. Glad you’re sorted!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

You were the hero I needed, but didn’t deserve! Anyway, it’s fixed now which is what really matters 🙂

Will I get to ride again before the month’s out. That’s the real question here.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How to refit rubber boot to Reverb trigger?’ is closed to new replies.