Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How to reduce travel on Marzocchi 66 rc2x?
  • makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

As in title.

I can’t find my cassette removing tool (needed to undo the top cap) but am borrowing one tomorrow. I’ve been meaning to reduce the fork travel.

Can anyone tell me how or point me in the direction of a manual?

Thanks

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks but the pdf there doesn’t explain how to reduce travel, more about set up.

https://www.marzocchi.com/System/18576/Bomber07-ENG.pdf

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You can’t

2005 RC’s were travel adjustable, the 06’s require a new cartridge for each leg.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

So my forks could be 2005?

I thought both were adjustable from 170mm down and that AC was reduced in newer models.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

makecoldplayhistory – Member
    So my forks could be 2005?

I thought both were adjustable from 170mm down and that AC was reduced in newer models.

2005/4 forks were black and called “RC” only
    If yours a 2006/7 and white then they’re RC2X.

The crown height was reduced on the 06 forks as the 05 and earlier forks were really tall.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Thanks David.

Mine are black and white. 170mm it is then.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You can see the difference in the crown height; black ones are 05 and white ones are 06; probably 15-20mm lower crown.

But, just had a look on google and maybe you can do it…….

Take your top caps off and there should be a spacer (shown in red below); this needs to go underneath the cartridge (shown in black below) under the rebound spring.

If the spacer isn’t ontop of the spring when you remove the top cap, it could be below the spring so you’ll need to tip the forks to get it out (do it over a jug to catch the oil). I’ve had this before (on 05 forks). I also appreciate the image is for MY2005 forks, but it was linked on a forum stating it can be done with 06 forks. Worth a go I would say.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How to reduce travel on Marzocchi 66 rc2x?’ is closed to new replies.