• This topic has 17 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • how to reduce oil level in my fork
  • watsontony
    Free Member

woundering how i could reduce the oil level in my marzochi all mountain sl 2 im pretty sure this is the reason i cant get full travel. the guy i got them off tole me “ive just put some new oil in them)

GW
    Free Member

pour some out? is this a trick question?

watsontony
    Free Member

no lol. wear do i puor from? top or bottom of fork? left or right leg?

donsimon
    Free Member

is this a trick question?

It could be more complicated than it first appears. I asked a simple question about fork oil lastnight and discovered that it might not be quite so simple.
    What weight oil did the guy you got them off, put in?

watsontony
    Free Member

not a clue. but im only getting about half travel. and this is most likely cause of the problem.

watsontony
    Free Member

well thats what all the evidence so far points to. im only getting half travel

watsontony
    Free Member

not even got a clue how much and wer the oil goes

GW
    Free Member

It could be more complicated than it first appears. I asked a simple question about fork oil lastnight and discovered that it might not be quite so simple.
    What weight oil did the guy you got them off, put in?

..and now you’re an expert? 😆

find a service guide for the fork online Tony.
    stripping and re-filling the damping oil in a fork is not complicated or difficult but you need to know oil levels/volumes and weights.

watsontony
    Free Member

i can only find a owners manual on marzochi’s website and google serch ect. and it tells you next to naff all. non of the important stuff anyways

donsimon
    Free Member

..and now you’re an expert?

No. just passing on the expert opinions of others… 😆

GW
    Free Member

You’re looking for something like this…

http://www.wheresweyland.com/images/2006_marzocchi_service_manuals/2006-all-mountain%20sl.pdf

but obviously for the year of fork you have

watsontony
    Free Member

nice one mate. im pretty sure these are same as mine other than mine have 20mm and these are qr. im thinking ill just empty the only out and just replace around 80% of it and see if this makes it any. if it makes it better/fixes is i know its oil levels

GW
    Free Member

try that but remember too little oil and a fork may top-out from lack of damping.

donsimon
    Free Member

try that but remember too little oil and a fork may top-out from lack of damping.

And result in a silly accident. 😕

warunasanjaya1414
    Free Member

watsontony I think spellings for some of your words wrong.

dyna-ti

Undo the top caps and dip in a cloth
    cloth soaks up some fluid and hey presto

Mintman
    Free Member

. im thinking ill just empty the only out and just replace around 80% of it and see if this makes it any. if it makes it better/fixes is i know its oil levels

If you’re going to go to the effort of pulling the forks apart, I think youd be best off replacing the fluid with the right amount of the right weight. After all, the fork is signed to run with a particular volume and type in it and if you start “fiddling” you might not ever get to the bottom of this half travel mystery.

DrP

Look via the Windwave website – they often have Marz service manuals.
    As has been said – dump all the current oil, and replace with the correct volume of the correct oil….

DrP

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘how to reduce oil level in my fork’ is closed to new replies.