Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • How to prove where somebody lives ?
  • Shadow
    Free Member

Ive had a small claims court judgement go in my favour, but it has been sent back to the court saying no longer at this address. I know that she stills lives there but how do i prove it ?

mrmo
    Free Member

could start with electoral role i guess.

and i know this is a bit stalker ish, but are you able to park up outside for a while and get some photos?

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Serve the judgement yourself?

leebaxter
    Free Member

you could get it served to them by a proffessional. cost £100

Shadow
    Free Member

[quoteServe the judgement yourself?[/quote]

Would i need a witness with me ( for legal reasons ) ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup use process servers – In Scotland at least, if she refuses service via RD, you can then reclaim the costs.

Shadow
    Free Member

In England but i guess its a similar process, Will they just keep trying until successful ?

Shadow
    Free Member

anybody else got any ideas, comedy answers also acceptable

Junkyard
    Free Member

door to door sales tpe offer to good to refuse – free weeks supply of or pay £50 for first few sign ups and have the money in your hand etc. Ask for their name, get signature then serve papers

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If it was a bloke, you could get a very pretty girl to chat them up, and ask them their name, then POW! You’re served, my son!

I saw it on CSI Miami.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Junky; might that not be some form of deception though? Pretty sure that bailiffs can’t use such tactics to gain entry to a property, as they have to state who they are from the outset. No?

What we need here is a proper lawyer…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Receipt of said letter by post is deemed to be served.

You now need to follow up the rest of the action. Its all explained on HMCS website

jon1973
    Free Member

you could get it served to them by a professional

Bodey or Doyle?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

elfin possibly I am not sure

Shadow
    Free Member

Right ive paid for the warrant to be issued by a warrant officer and he’s come back saying the same that she no longer lives there. She does !!
    So what now? do i go round with a camera and try to get proof will this be enough ?

andyl
    Free Member

Hide outside with a camera.

Is the property rented? Any way to track down the landlord as they will be able to confirm the person is still there.

clubber
    Free Member

I’m amazed that no one has mentioned the back door of her house yet. What’s the forum coming to?

BigJohn

Start sending horrible offensive stuff addressed to her, with your name clearly marked as sender.

When the cops turn up to arrest you – there’s your proof that she was living there.

Shadow
    Free Member

And, no she is the owner or her husband is

Big John that has crossed my mind just don’t fancy getting arrested

clubber
    Free Member

If she/he is the owner then land registry should prove that – only £4:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/BuyingAndSellingYourHome/BuyingYourHome/DG_10026643

Shadow
    Free Member

whoever is answering the door is saying that she’s just moved out and has left no forward address

Junkyard
    Free Member

is that all you need to do to avoid a court suimmons these days …runs off to break some laws

clubber
    Free Member

And what does the land registry say?

Drac

Wait until 2111 and check the census.

user-removed
    Free Member

+1 for the long lens and stakeout idea. You may end up having to wee in your own shoes though, if it goes on for a while….

offroader
    Free Member

Speak to the postie and or window cleaner. Shell have no reason to lie to them.

Shadow
    Free Member

Cheers for that Clubber it appears they have moved last month Bugger!!
    What now can i ask royal mail for a forwarding address ?

konabunny
    Free Member

Shadow: make an application for Substituted Service? http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/HMCSCourtFinder/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=484 Google substituted service for more info about that, then check that’s how it works in Small Claims.

Do you know if the rogue has any assets, bank accounts, employment…? Once you get substituted service, you can move directly against them without getting the deadbeat’s consent/assistance.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘How to prove where somebody lives ?’ is closed to new replies.