Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How to prove evolution wrong
  • bencooper
    Free Member

All you need is a moron and a jar of peanut butter.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ASzDDOaLyk[/video]

bearnecessities

Well I’m sold.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well that was convincing.

Here’s some convincing scientific evidence from a very senior Republican politician that climate change and burning fossil fuel is nothing to worry about :

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAaDVOd2sRQ[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I never realised the primordial soup was peanut butter in the fairy tale of evolution…thanks christians

the second one she lost me a bi there remind me again is it a natural gas as she never really covered that

stevego
    Free Member

Ahhhh…my peanut butter is trying to eat me

CountZero

Creationists; can’t live with ’em, can’t shoot ’em.
    Well, you can, but it’s generally frowned upon in polite society.

imnotverygood

But wouldn’t all that prove the existence of God & as per Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy cause Him to cease to exist? I never knew a jar of Peanut Butter could be so powerful.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Surely in order to convey this, they should’ve used cave paintings… or papyrus… or silent movies… or betamax etc etc

Northwind

Ah I miss the Bachmann Nutter Overdrive

stewartc
    Free Member

Well, if its an obvious truth then that must be right, right?

For people arguing against evolution they seem very determined to prove the existence of the missing link.

JoeG
    Free Member

I once asked one of those hard line creationist types how they explained the presence of fossils and such. “God put them there to test your faith” was his response! 🙄

Edit – some say that fossils are proof of “the great flood” with Noah’s ark and all that!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Religion, everything that casts doubt on it is there to test your faith…

might use that one in other places….

“Where did the last beer go?”
    “God drank it (hic)”
    “some chance you did”
    “It’s a test of faith”
    “Oh OK then”

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m sure there’s a great one out there with a banana used to prove the existance of a creator. Can’t find it right now though.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Doesn’t the banana one go something along the lines of “something that is so suited the human hand and good to eat must have been the product of intelligent design”? Which in a way is actually correct as bananas (and most other fruit for that matter) has been “designed” through artificial selection. The only sticking point being that is was us humans that did the selecting.

piemonster

RealMan
    Free Member

One of the comments..

A banana also fits perfectly into? Ray Comfort’s anus. Coincidence, evolution, or God’s design? I don’t know.

Northwind

JoeG – Member

I once asked one of those hard line creationist types how they explained the presence of fossils and such. “God put them there to test your faith” was his response!

“Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith.” I think God put you here to test my faith, Dude. You believe that? “Uh huh.” Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God.. might be…****in’ with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around: “Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha HA.”

I remember an interview with a “believe everything type”- he was a creationist but also was trying to capture bigfoot. But why? “Because if this here Bigfoot, this neanderthal, is still running around, that disproves evolution. Because how could they have evolved somewhere, if they’re still there, obviously they didn’t go nowhere!” That’s science, that is.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’m thinking about the existence of “Creationists” and “Intelligent Designers” and wondering what evolutionary advantage is conferred by being a moron.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It proves their is little evolutionary advantage to intelligence as morons can thrive just as easily.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

“you may smile at this..” No sir, I am quaking in fear that you, by your very existence, have shown the that Darwin was incorrect and that your faulty genes will be passed on to future generations.

Our clients in the food packaging industry would be a little disturbed if “new life” popped up in foodstuffs they have so carefully packed under ISO22000 to prevent any form of life appearing in the products.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Evolution doesn’t really describe or explain the creation of “life from non-life”, evolution is what happens after life already exists. Unless i’ve got it wrong….

psychle
    Free Member

True enough Horatio… easy enough to follow ‘evolution theory’ once you have a single celled organism to start with, all well and good. But just how the **** did it all get started in the first place? I know the theories (primordial soup and all that) but where/how did the chemical reaction we call ‘life’ come from? Just chance??

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

“Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith.” I think God put you here to test my faith, Dude. You believe that? “Uh huh.” Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God.. might be…****in’ with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around: “Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha HA.”

Bill Hicks?

wwaswas

It seems the problem is too few Creationist Scientists;

http://www.icr.org/article/7096/

I do wonder if this is because once people acquire a certain level of scientific knowledge they change their minds?

bencooper
    Free Member

DNA is a complex system with built-in error-checking and the like, but that doesn’t mean that it’s the only way life can reproduce – we still have RNA for instance which is simpler. So it’s likely that there were a series of replication mechanisms, each getting more sophisticated and therefore out-evolving the simpler systems.

As to where it started from originally – well, yes, it could have just been chance. Enough chemical reactions, enough lightning strikes, something might spark up. Or there’s the panspermia theory, where life spreads between the stars.

Remember, you don’t have to look at the odds of life originating on this planet, you have to look at the odds of life evolving anywhere in the universe, with million of galaxies each with millions of stars. That’s the beauty of the anthropic principle.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

But just how the **** did it all get started in the first place? I know the theories (primordial soup and all that) but where/how did the chemical reaction we call ‘life’ come from?

Well, without going and looking it up, I’d say that if it’s in Wikipedia or something, then that’s how. If on the other hand, we don’t know yet, then – we don’t know yet.

Bit like the answer to “What caused the Big Bang”…

Junkyard
    Free Member

. But just how the **** did it all get started in the first place? I know the theories (primordial soup and all that) but where/how did the chemical reaction we call ‘life’ come from? Just chance??

We dont know – nothing wrong with admitting that though
    we do know how long we have been here and that we share a common ancestor etc so it still provides massive amounts of evidence to counter “creationism”.

In many areas, the superiority of the creation worldview has been clearly demonstrated.

They are appealing for scientist with a “scientific” claim like that

Chuckles

richmtb

That Michelle Bachmann video 😯

Just WOW. How can you stand up in Parliament and say CO2 makes up 3% of our atmosphere and not be torn to shreds

Peanut butter as an argument against evolution actually made more sense

Mackem

Pretty sure experiments have been done passing electricity into “Primordial soup” that have reulted in the creation of amino acids.

aye…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%E2%80%93Urey_experiment

bencooper
    Free Member

Just WOW. How can you stand up in Parliament and say CO2 makes up 3% of our atmosphere and not be torn to shreds

Yes – she’s taken 0.039%, chopped the % sign off the end, converted 0.039 to a percentage, and rounded down.

psychle
    Free Member

Yep, I know about the Miller-Urey experiments and how they generated amino acids, that’s still a looooong way from actually generating life isn’t it? As far as I know, that’s never been achieved?

wwaswas

As far as I know, that’s never been achieved?

well, it’s probably happened at least once by accident or we wouldn’t be here 😉

cranberry
    Free Member

Can we get that woman, put her in a gas-tight chamber and fill it with CO2 as a little bit of a helpful experiment?

We can open the door when she changes her mind about CO2 being harmless.

jamj1974

CountZero – Member
    Creationists; can’t live with ’em, can’t shoot ’em.
    Well, you can, but it’s generally frowned upon in polite society.

Don’t say that! I’ve just been converted by the peanut butter argument!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

psychle – Member

Lots of interesting reading on various theories in this here Wiki…

Mmm yes, isn’t there.

Is there something you want to say, psychle?

psychle
    Free Member

Nope… we’re talking about science here, naught else 😆 🙄

Garry_Lager

psychle – Member

Yep, I know about the Miller-Urey experiments and how they generated amino acids, that’s still a looooong way from actually generating life isn’t it? As far as I know, that’s never been achieved? Where the field is at now is trying to demonstrate a plausible pre-biotic synthesis of oligomeric RNA. Long chain RNA is in the box seat as the molecule that kicked everything off – it’s catalytic, information storage and self-replication properties all point toward this. The problem has always been how could a molecule as relatively complicated as RNA come to be, and many hypotheses exist that wrestle with this question.

There was a landmark paper a few years ago from a guy at Manchester, who demonstrated a convincing synthesis of a nucleotide under plausible pre-biotic conditions. Even getting to one nucleotide had challenged many great minds, so this had quite an impact. He, and others, are now thinking how you get to an oligonucleotide RNA from single nucleobase buidling blocks under pre-biotic conditions. If they can make that (very large) step, then a coherent framework will be in place for the origin of life question.

CountZero

Mr Woppit – Member
    I’m thinking about the existence of “Creationists” and “Intelligent Designers” and wondering what evolutionary advantage is conferred by being a moron.

Junkyard – lazarus
    It proves their is little evolutionary advantage to intelligence as morons can thrive just as easily.

Thank you, gentlemen, a sussinct summation, I feel! 😀

ransos
    Free Member

I once asked one of those hard line creationist types how they explained the presence of fossils and such. “God put them there to test your faith” was his response!

That would mean God is deceitful. Is that someone worthy of worship?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How to prove evolution wrong’ is closed to new replies.