• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How to plot a route into my Edge 705?
  • psychle
    Free Member

I'm thinking of riding down to Brighton tomorrow, following the Rough Ride Guide route (down the Wey Navigation and then onto the Downs link…) Whilst I have the guide printed out, it'd be nice to plot it into the 705, I assume this can be done? If so… how?

Or… does anyone happen to have the route already plotted? 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

Do you have any mapping software on your PC?

psychle
    Free Member

Garmin Mapsource?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fluided
    Free Member

Have you tried searching on mapmyride website

psychle
    Free Member

bloody hell mapsource is a useless piece of software!!

boblo
    Free Member

psychle – Member
    bloody hell mapsource is a useless piece of software!!

Indeed it is tripe. Have you just got the base map in your 705 or have you installed GB Topo or City Nav? If the former, you might struggle to follow anything but major roads.

As for route planning, I use bikeroutetoaster and then upload to the Edge. There are other google maps/web based sites but I haven't tried them

psychle
    Free Member

I have the GB Topo maps… just been playing around with bikeroutetoaster, looking at the route it actually seems pretty easy (famous last words!), so I reckon I'll be fine with just the guide notes and the gps on it's own… we shall see 🙄

coylumbridge
    Free Member

I use bikehike which I got from a previous tip. Great for planning routes, even if offroad, save as gpx and load onto my gps.
    Go to course creator page from http://www.bikehike.co.uk/

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yeah bikehike is good. If you plot a track rather than a route, you can also overlay several of them onto the map in different colours and use more waypoints or trackpoints of whatever they're called.

DrP

I've a 605, and use memory map to plan routes, which with a 'right click' i simply upload them to the edge. Then in the edge go to 'follow route' -> 'saved rides' and pick the one i want to follow….

Need MM though, which IS a cracking bit of sftware IMO.

DrP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How to plot a route into my Edge 705?’ is closed to new replies.