Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • How to pee in bibshorts / bib-tights?
  • Moses

I’ve recently had a couple of longish rides in bibshorts with a shirt on my top, too.
    How in heaven’s name do I pee in them? Removing the shoulder straps is easy enough from under a short sleeved shirt, (a la removing a bra) but with long sleeves?
    Then dressing again – that seems impossible unless I put the shoulder straps over my top, and that makes the contents of my back pockets all uncomfortable.
    I guess removing the shirt completely is feasible, but it seems an almighty faff.

How do you manage?

RustySpanner

Pull the leg up, if shorts.
    Much easier.

Longs?
    Straps off shoulders, in from the top.
    Hunch over and elegantly piss all over yourself.

legend
    Free Member

Out of the leg or over the top

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I dress to the left so just slip the old fella out of the bottom of that leg

🙂

Probably

petrieboy

Out the leg or just pull down the front a bit. Never had a problem myself but I guess if you’ve only got a wee willy it might be a problem.

Not your main problem tho I’ll bet!

YPMV

Rickos
    Free Member

Bend at the waist a bit and yank the waistband of the bibs down to get your todger over the top. That’s how I do it, but I suppose it depends how high your waistband is. Mine are 3/4 so rolling up the leg isn’t really doable.

matt_outandabout

I’m long enough. 8)

parkesie
    Free Member

Up periscope.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

pull it out of your sock and away you go, shirley?

He he, just kidding, I just piss mesel

the ones with the zip front are a bit easier but you’re swapping one peril for another

MrNice
    Free Member

personally I don’t pee in them, it only makes them damp and smelly

cp

We talking male or female?

convert

The standard practice at the pointy end of the long distance world when racing is to just wait for a downhill, stand up and piss yourself. Kind of weird the first time but liberating after that! Bike does need a wash down though.

Otherwise, over the top rather than out the leg works for me.

iainc

Just unroll the hose and pop it out surely ? 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

I just think of waterfalls and mountain streams.

Moses

Hmm.
    EIther I’m more miserably hung than I’ve been led to believe or your bibshorts must be cut differently from mine, which come up above my navel at the front and won’t pull down to below my groin.
    ANd what about my roubaix winter biblongs, which are up to my collar at the front and ankle length in the leg. There’s no way they can be pulled around to give wee room.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

The standard practice at the pointy end of the long distance world when racing is to just wait for a downhill, stand up and piss yourself.

So you’d effectively be weeing in your own shoes. Do these racy types also carry a set of Bombers about to own themselves with?

edhornby

this is why full length zips on winter jerseys are essential – one arm out, one shoulder over.

you do know that the pros piss their shorts don’t you (which is also why a pro never uses a leather saddle)

RustySpanner

Ewwwww, you dirty, dirty individual.
    I bet the chafing is delightful.
    🙂

And what if it’s cold?
    Hypothermia as well as nappy rash, lovely.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Pop into the bogs at any cycle event (if said event runs to bogs) and you’ll see a bunch of blokes hunched over. Bend a bit and it will come out of the top. Bibs stretch.

psycorp
    Free Member

With great difficulty is the answer to the question.

I use the pull up shorts leg and pop it out method. There is no elegant solution afaik.

vickypea
    Free Member

Spare a thought for us women! I’ve just bought some Gore bib shorts with a zip off bit. Before that I had some very chilly experiences on cold winter nights on MTB rides!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

If you’re me at the last ride, which happened to have another 8,999 people on it too, you stop at the roadside, realisr theres no cover anaywhere, pull them down at the front and piss over the adjacent bike path while everybody passing tells you to stop doing it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“If in doubt, get it out”

njee20
    Free Member

Bend over, pull front down. Piss.

Pull up leg if doing it whilst moving, not as easy though IMO.

somafunk

I seem to manage to pull down the top section/waistband of my bib shorts/tights without much bother (Endura Pro, Castelli Sorpasso, DHB Aeron/Pro), whack it out and pee over the top, perhaps i just have a large willy?.

(not posting pics)

😉

edhornby

what I meant was one arm of the jersey off and take off the side of the bib shoulder to free the hose, if the bend over method doesn’t work (it usually does tho)

I don’t pee myself, never used to do it in a wetsuit either, seen other people with p1ssrash get very sore with it

joshvegas
    Free Member

vickypea – Member
    Spare a thought for us women! I’ve just bought some Gore bib shorts with a zip off bit. Before that I had some very chilly experiences on cold winter nights on MTB rides!

tried and tested and deemed the shizzle.

garage-dweller

Like putting on a trapeze harness for sailing bend forward a lot to shorten the shoulder to groin distance.

Flop it over the top and piddle in abject discomfort…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Having to piss in or out of your shorts is an indication that some one planned the cake stops poorly!

garage-dweller

^^^ And that too, unless you have a weak bladder

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Or that you’re drinking too much.

epicyclo

And for the really cold weather could someone recommend a good brand of tweezers for locating the object in discussion… 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

So you’d effectively be weeing in your own shoes. Do these racy types also carry a set of Bombers about to own themselves with?

I don’t think they carry Bombers, but they do fit QR seat clamps so they can remove their seatposts and shit down their seat tubes, that being the bike equivalent of a chimney.

Xylene
    Free Member

Pop into the bogs at any cycle event (if said event runs to bogs) and you’ll see a bunch of blokes hunched over. Bend a bit and it will come out of the top. Bibs stretch.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_o-vCA8Cs8[/video]

This what I am now imagining but with cyclists in lycra.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Really? Just flop it over the top, easy done in bib shorts more bending needed in bib tights with the higher cut.

slackalice
    Free Member

Swoon at the men with your unrolling and flopping of your hoses 😆

For this very logistical fact, I have only worn bib’s once. It was deep winter and once was enough to tell me that I didn’t need to be a dedicated follower of fashion 😛

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Swoon at the men with your unrolling and flopping of your hoses

Even on cold days my bib shorts pull down far enough…

MrNice
    Free Member

I don’t think they carry Bombers, but they do fit QR seat clamps so they can remove their seatposts and shit down their seat tubes, that being the bike equivalent of a chimney.

actually, if you read Greg Lemond’s book he says the team leader gets to shit in a domestique’s cap

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘How to pee in bibshorts / bib-tights?’ is closed to new replies.