Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How to mount one of these on your lid
  • robhughes
    Free Member

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12325.
    Hi all any ideas or products to use one of these as a head tourch.
    cheers gang.

woody2000
    julianwilson
    Free Member

I use one of these on my helmet:
    dx mount

Its just like a twofish lockblok (which I also use) but parralel rather than right angles and costs less than half as much. 🙂

robhughes
    Free Member

cheers guys. stw. instant info.
    great here isn,t it.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Made a mount for my old torch using some Fimo (bake in the oven plastacine type stuff) to give it a moulded base and a length of velcro to hold it in place.

Dancake
    Free Member

heres mine

think its the same dx mount quoted above..?

robhughes
    Free Member

just reading the reviews on this light.
    do i need protected batteries for it?

fastindian
    Free Member

yes

stumpy01

I just hold the head torch on my helmet with some rolled up bits of old innertube to provide some compliance/cushioning against the helmet and two re-usable cable ties. I alter the tension between the front & rear to set the angle correctly.

Bit of a faff sometimes though so perhaps a proper mount would be a more sensible option.

sohala
    Free Member

same style as stumpy01, but use a short length of foam pipe lagging to give a bit of vibration protection along with the cable ties.

works a treat!

lightman
    Free Member

NO! Dont get protected batterys for it.
    The last thing you want is the protection circuit kicking in when you're flying down hill.

Get non-protected and you'll be fine, just change them when the light output starts to get low, usually around an hour.

robhughes
    Free Member

just been i touch with the god smudge and defo protected batteries are the way to go for this light.

julianwilson
    Free Member

i have got trustfire protected 1850's (the blue ones) and they go noticeably dim way before they cut out altogether.

robhughes
    Free Member

jw.is that a bit of a pain in the arse?.
    just bought them.

dr_death
    Free Member

I secure mine with two big fat laggy bands, adjust the number of times you wrap them round to adjust the angle….

Tracey

Big lump of blue tack [moulds to shape of helmet and then press torch to other side]and a velcro strap. Have used it for years with our helmet cam with no problems

Tracey

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How to mount one of these on your lid’ is closed to new replies.