Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How to make friends and influence people
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lord Mandelson met Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's son at a Corfu villa only a week before the announcement that the perpetrator of the Lockerbie bombing could be released from prison, it was revealed today.

It also emerged that the business secretary met a leading Hollywood critic of illegal filesharing at the same location just days before launching a crackdown on internet piracy.

The man's a snake, but you've got to admire his gumption at just ploughing his own furrow of wealthy friends….!

jova54
    Free Member

I haven't been a fan of Lord Rumba since Labour got into power in 1997 and his true character became clear for all to see; but I have a grudging respect for his ability to keep re-inventing himself and being able to persuade two prime ministers, who are poles apart in their political outlook, that he is the man they cannot do without.

He is a political fixer in the true sense of the word and he makes the Conservatives look like a bunch of kindergarten idiots.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The perpetrator of the Lockerbie bombing is not in prison. an innocent man is having been convicted of a crime he clearly didn't do

And Mandelson is utterly vile

chakaping
    Free Member

Jova is right, you've got to admire his staying power.

willard

Staying power like that is normally seen in intestinal parasites and antibiotic resistant bacteria.

Which is a decent analogy really.

grievoustim
    Free Member

he knows where all the bodies are buried, simple as that

I imagine going to meet him at his villa would be like the wedding scene at the start of "the Godfather", stepping into a darkened room for an audience with "Don Mandy" and kissing the ring

he grants you your favour – but you'd better come through when he asks you for one in return. David Geffen needs to watch out or he'll wake up with a horse's head or a dead prostitute

Coyote
    Free Member

That's a pretty big statement TJ. What makes you so sure of his innocence? Anyway, weren't there two convicted? what happened to the other guy.

As for Mandelson, I really can't figure him out. Although if Clive Barker were to create a politician I'm sure it would resemble Mandelson in so many ways.

mt
    Free Member

If the tories win at the next election how long will it be before Mandelson is working for Cameron?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

grievoustim – Member
    he knows where all the bodies are buried, simple as that

A serious question here, but one I am sure I shall be flamed for;

Could the knowing where the bodies are and the fact that Mandy is bowling from the Pavilion end be linked in any way?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Coyote. Nope – of the two Libyan spies tried only one was convicted.

Jim Swires – whose daughter died on the flight and knows far more than any of us about it are convinced of the innocence. He was convicted on very shakey grounds and the evidence was manipulated.

Jim Swires site – have a read

Lots more out there. I have followed this story from the begining and it is clear that Meghranis ( SP) conviction is at best unsafe but far more likely simply wrong.

mt
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Do you mean he's got the photos to prove it? Interesting place to stick a rose that Tony?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Could the knowing where the bodies are and the fact that Mandy is bowling from the Pavilion end be linked in any way?

Scurrilous thought CFH. Far below a man of your calibre.

.Funny tho 🙂 could even be true. Funny goings on in the back passage in no 10?

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow right wing conservative party member attacks [with some justification] labour individual ….. wow what a shocker do you get Tory points for this? enough posts and you get to fag for dave or Osborne

you've got to admire his gumption at just ploughing his own furrow of wealthy friends

Erm no but hey you admire people who pursue money and influence above morality if you wish surely a Core bekief of your beloved party.

DickBarton

If the tories win at the next election how long will it be before Mandelson is working for Cameron?

What makes you think he isn't? I've no evidence…in fact I'm rather pleased to admit I've no idea what this man does…it's a name with politician tagged on it so I switch off…really no interest in the details but always interested to find out what others think…

TJ, I didn't follow the Lockerbie thing either, but how do you know he is innocent? If you know then why don't the courts know that sentenced him?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, not really. Was merely wondering if he has skeletons in his closet, that's all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

DickBarton

At the original trial the main evidence that convicted him was identification evidence form a Maltese shopkeeper. This was given 11 years after the event but the witness has since been discredited. his was the only piece of evidence linking Meghrani to the bomb. Other evidence linked Libya to the bomb but much of this is questionable hence the referral to the review board http://www.sccrc.org.uk/ViewFile.aspx?id=293 which had found sufficient doubt to order an appeal on the evidence.

I think most people who have followed this trial and appeals expected this appeal to succeed and Meghrani to be found innocent.

MrAgreeable

Re the original story, how is this any different to the way that politics has always worked?

IanMunro
    Free Member

The irony of the homophobic nature of the Tory party is almost on par with that of Catholism 🙂

avdave2

We'll soon know for sure whether he's innocent or not when the decision to release him on compassionate grounds is made.

nickc

I don't see how Mandy's behaviour is any different from how politicians all over the world operate, they talk to the people with cash, and do largely what they want.

No news, move along.

FWIW, I'm also sceptical about Al-Megrahi's guilt. Too much of this is tied into politics for it to be straightforward though.

BlingBling
    Free Member

I dont know what's more shocking

1) I opened a thread created by the fake middleclass knobber CFH
    2) I agree with TJ!

WTF??

Kit
    Free Member

It is accepted by many with an interest in the Lockerbie bombing (speaking as a former Lockerbie resident) that the American and British governments effectively allowed the bombing to happen (to the extent of orchestrating it?) in order that the U.S. could argue Libyan involvement and so impose sanctions on the country.

El-bent
    Free Member

I opened a thread created by the fake middleclass knobber CFH

You called CFH a Knobber? I'd imagine he's going through the bookcases in his drawing room right now looking for the "Rude words used by the less civilised lower classes" book, known to rest of us as the urban dictionary.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How to make friends and influence people’ is closed to new replies.