Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • How to make cyclists* look like ****s in one short video
  • highclimber
    Free Member

I think that they are equally as idiotic as each other. The cyclist was trying to be a smart ass after blatantly running the light as alluded to by the copper and the copper wasn’t sure of which law he was referring to and got frustrated about being filmed being thick and lashed out. completely unprofessional IMO

D0NK

one tool one incompetant.
    Why should the tool embarass you as a cyclist? Do monumentally shit/whiny drivers embarass other drivers? No

johnners
    Free Member

It was a battle of wits between 2 unarmed men.

I feel sad for both of them.

brakes
    Free Member

so, does anyone know if:
    1 – the cyclist didn’t have to accept the paperwork?
    2 – the cyclist had the right to refuse to give his name and address and whether this was an arrestable offence?
    3 – the cyclist had the right to record the policeman on camera and if the policeman could tell him to stop recording?

Coyote
    Free Member

Good to see that the “cyclist”* spent so much time trying to be a smart-arse and thereby wasting police time. Of course, many on here think running red lights is perfectly OK as long as you are not in a car. I would expect them to side with the “cyclist”*.

Ultimately the “cyclist”* is an arsehole. Thanks very much knob.

*Dickwad

chrispalmr
    Free Member

Granted there were a few cringe-worthy moments (“I’m a student of the law you know!” is particularly ****) and I do not RLJ or agree that any cyclist should. However, the cyclist was fundamentally within his rights to ask some very basic questions of the policeman, and not to simply do whatever he’s told because a bloke in DayGlo tells him to. The police are given very specific powers over the general populace under very specific conditions; one comes with the other – they don’t have carte blanche to do whatever they feel is the right thing.

Cyclist was still a bit of a tool though…

t-obias
    Free Member

Going purely on the fact that the guy didn’t automatically argue that he didn’t go throw a red light, I’d assume he was just being a tool. If he jumped the light he should have just taken the fine and got on with it. The copper may have been out of his element and not come across as all to bright, but so what. You broke the law. Accept the outcomes. Can’t even say that I’d hope he gets knocked down next time as I can’t imagine how the driver would feel.

If he didn’t jump the light, go through the correct process and argue the fact in court. He’s just made himself look like a muppet IMO.

totalshell

brakes..
    you dont have to accept the paperwork.. BUT making that choice makes no difference to the outcome.
    as you are alleged to have committed an offence under the road traffic act the conductor of ANY vehicle has to give thier name and address
    the cyclist can record what he wishes until he is arrested then he does as the copper wishes..

wrecker
    Free Member

Rozzer should have nicked him just to waste his time.

nick1962
    Free Member

what flow says..

Kato

where the police reasonably suspect you of a non-arrestable offence, and require your name and address for the service of a summons (Section 25 Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE));
    where you are the driver of a vehicle;
    where the police say they suspect you of “anti-social behaviour.

s25 PACE has been repealed. SOCPA replaced it

Cyclist contravenes red light and commits an offence under the Road Traffic Act, an FPN is “offered” and it doesn’t have to be accepted. If the cyclist doesn’t want to accept the ticket I’d summons him and if he refuses to give me his name and address he arrested under s24 PACE, because I can’t acertain his identity. Simple

….and both are cocks

brakes
    Free Member

thanks Kato

hambl90
    Free Member

Cyclist broke the law then tried to be clever, comes across as a complete w***er.

davo
    Free Member

what a **** **** how did that cop keep his cool.

kharim
    Free Member

This comes over as the policeman looking so unprofessional. This could have easily gone wrong being on a busy road with cars passing very close.

martinhutch

The officer lets himself down at the end. He should be used to dealing with idiots like that.

He should have just had the confidence in his own knowledge to just nick the bloke.

The cyclist is a prize twonk, reinforced by the fact he thinks he’s done well enough to post it on youtube, and lucky he didn’t come up against a copper who could have cut through his bull and called up the van.

donsimon
    Free Member

Are we supposed to play “Guess the STW user?” or what?

martinhutch

http://dannyshine.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to ‘The Bike Incident’

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Particularly liked the bit about how he performed some ‘transactional analysis’ of the affair during a ‘co-counselling session’ with a friend.

o96192083
    Free Member

Not really sure what to say to that. Cyclists going through red lights annoys me immensely, but PC Stout should really be educated on what to say to these jokers.

If I had been the man, I’d have said that I was in a hurry to get my child from school, saw the red light, thoroughly checked for crossing pedestrians, and decided that I would risk it. I was terribly sorry and it would never happen again. Doubt I would have got a ticket.

Policemen get far too much of this shit nowadays from people who don’t know what the law is themself. These guys are trying to do their damn job, why make it hard for them? They only human underneath and he could easily have got away without a ticket without breaking the law again.

highclimber
    Free Member

The fact remains the cyclist got away scott free and the policeman was left made to look a complete incompetent with no arrest or summons served!

The cyclist is a cock though, no doubt but I think the copper should have known what he was doing before being allowed to be on cycle duty.

D0NK

think running red lights is perfectly OK as long as you are not in a car. I would expect them to side with the “cyclist”

while I’ve said the guy comes across as a tool there’s been plenty of threads on here in the past about getting out of speeding and parking fines and lets face it the rest of the world don’t seem to have much of a problem with prominent members of society wheedling their way out of traffic offences.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

how to wind a copper up in 30 seconds flat, yes should have nicked him, shame copper wasn’t bit more on it but he did look out of breath to be fair

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘How to make cyclists* look like ****s in one short video’ is closed to new replies.