Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • How to make cyclists behave better…
  • Vinte
    Free Member

I noticed more no cycling signs in Avenham Park in Preston this morning. The biggest problem with Avenham Park is litter, it resembles a landfill when the sun comes out. Can’t help but thinking the purchase of signs saying ‘Stop dropping litter you uneducated chav, dog walker or smoker(or all of the above)’ would have been a better use of the money.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Some of you golf sympathisers need to get a grip.

Already have one thanks…. 😀

philjunior
    Free Member

If cyclists can understand why some walkers find bikes unnerving, they’re more likely to ride in a sympathetic way.

Indeed, I sometimes walk along the same paths with my family, including totally unpredictable older child. But I’ve never found the need, for example to have a go at someone who has stopped to let us past.

badlyoverdrawnboy
    Free Member

On good friday i was enjoying a nice ride down a quiet country lane, when i chanced upon a large party of walkers (20+) one of whom was carrying a large cross, I naturally slowed down to pass them upon which i was shouted at by a Margaret Rutherford lookalike next time use your bell, to which I replied I don’t have to this is a road ! Made me chuckle.

Susie
    Free Member

I don’t know what the answer is, some people just don’t like cyclists. Someone got arsey with my partner on Sunday, he was going slower than walking pace, she had 3 dogs that were running around all over the place and wasn’t in control of any of them. This was on a NCN route. Another time we were sat on a bench at the top of a hill. Some woman started ranting to her husband about cyclists not being allowed there, there’s children and dogs that they could run over. She was clearly saying it loud enough for our benefit. We’d just ridden up a track that is sign posted horse and cycle track, there’s a gate to the car park and a left turn up to the bench, there’s nothing to say that cyclists aren’t allowed on the bit up to the bench and we hadn’t seen a single child on the way up and have never run any over in over 20 years of cycling.

I’m not sure why people are saying cyclists are so much better behaved in Holland. I’ve never seen so many bellends on bikes as in Amsterdam.

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’ve never seen so many bellends on bikes as in Amsterdam.

Sounds like a great weekend, but can we try to stay on topic.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘How to make cyclists behave better…’ is closed to new replies.