Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • how to make a fast forward movie?
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

hi everyone, im planning to do a fast forward movie of me building a bike up but i have no idea how to do it! LOL
    i was just wondering if any of you guys here know how to do this sort of thing?
    what resolution should i use to record it? 720p hd?
    what computer programme should i then use to make it into a nice movie?
    how big will be the finished file, when i compress about 3 hours of recording into 3 minutes?

thanks for your help 🙂

richpips
    Free Member

Have you got a camera that does time lapse. ie takes a photo every x seconds?

Edit – a how to from google http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/how-to-make-time-lapse-video-ultimate-guide/

nickjb
    Free Member

If your camera can film the whole thing at normal speed then it will be easy. Set the camera on a tripod. Film it in one go or several segments if you need to. Stick the clips into Windows Movie Maker then add a x8 filter, save it, and repeat with the saved clip so the final film is x64 (8×8, you cant do x 60 in one go). Add a music track when you do the second edit. Final clip won’t be that big.

The results might be a bit mixed. I find you get the best results by varying the speeds depending on what is going on.

maccruiskeen

There should be a button on your camera labelled ‘Yakety Sax’. Press it and everything speeds up, press it again and half naked women start chasing you about.

jedimaster
    Free Member

thanks for your help guys! much appreciated 🙂

crush83
    Free Member

I use an app on Android called “lapse it pro” it’s worth a try. not got any of my attempts uploaded so can’t show you anything

mtbmatt
    Free Member

If you use a phone camera, most have apps these days including the iPhone.
    Makes it very simple, but using a camcorder and software isn’t difficult.

jedimaster
    Free Member

the finished product – http://youtu.be/Krni6wA3mFE 🙂

maccruiskeen

So you did press the Yakety Sax Button 🙂

dooosuk
    Free Member

Nice marigolds! 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

i did indeed 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘how to make a fast forward movie?’ is closed to new replies.