Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How to keep fit while my knee is knackered ??
  • DrJ

I overdid it at the gym and managed to damage my knee somehow, so now running and similar activities are not possible. I need to do something or I’ll end up a fat (fatter) slob on the sofa. What workout can I do that burns calories without pressure on my knee? Any ideas gratefully received !

RobHilton
    Free Member

Swimming, gym stuff not involving knee.

I’m in a similar position and starting to get into using gymnastic rings – **** me is it hard!

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

I’m in a similar situation with a sprained ankle, can’t ride or climb for a few weeks probably but not sure what to do in the meantime. I’ve got crap knees and they’re already starting to cause me issues due to lack of exercise

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Pull ups + dips, burn far more calories than pissing about on a treadmill.
    It’s a slow cadence what knackers up the knees, you’re much better off sprinting than jogging for hours on end.

neilthewheel

Light turbo sessions. I found these actually helped improve my knee as it prevented stiffness. Your injury may differ.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Light turbo sessions. I found these actually helped improve my knee as it prevented stiffness. Your injury may differ.

Light cycling was the physio therapy for the Para’s with knee injuries

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How to keep fit while my knee is knackered ??’ is closed to new replies.