Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How to improve my agility?
  • palmer77
    Free Member

I was wondering what would be the best forms of exercise to increase levels of agility? I obviously cycle, do core exercises (elevated press ups) and have just started running but my agility is shameful! I’m 36 and failed miserable trying to demonstrate some old skool breakdancing moves to my kids the other day! What can one do?

mikey74
    Free Member

I would have thought cycling is the last thing you want to be doing to improve your agility.

I’ve found xc running to be pretty good for that, although I’m no break dancer.

grahamt1980

Indoor climbing, well primarily bouldering should help all if the above.
    Core strength, flexibility and movement. Essentially links all of them and after a good session you really know you have done some work on muscles you were not aware of.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Zumba?!

bencooper
    Free Member

Martial arts. My flexibility is still not great after decades of cycling, but it’s done wonders for my balance and agility, plus it’s also fantastic exercise.

I do Kuk Sool – other martial arts are available…

eyerideit
    Free Member

Yoga, Ashtanga or Hatha for strength, flexibility and core stability.

bencooper
    Free Member

Zumba?!

I know a girl who broke her back doing Zumba.

palmer77
    Free Member

Ok so I am prepared to go climbing as I used to go about 7 years ago but I’m not so sure about Zumba!

palmer77
    Free Member

I should mention that I fractured my pelvis, and hip about 14 years ago and have bad knees 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Star jumps, fast circuit training, etc

hora
    Free Member

Bad knees at just 36??? Taking supplements?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Stretching and core exercises has worked a treat for me on top of cycling and spin classes. I’ve also lost a bit of weight so at the moment feel more agile and spritely as I have for 10 years.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agility. Hard to describe, lots of jumping about 🙂 have you ever watched football training where they “skip” left and right, backwards and forwards, dodge in and out of cones etc. that’s the sort of stuff you need to do, short sharpe movements changing direction. We used to do this sort of training. You might try yoga, although that’s good for core strength and flexibility and you want ability to do short sharp moves at speed. As for the dancing reference it might make sense to do some dance classes, samba etc ?

palmer77
    Free Member

Bad knees due to 15 years of roofing and a fractured patella from cricket

palmer77
    Free Member

Ok, I have tried the star jumps and they seem to cause the right amount of pain 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Stick on a collar and get you mrs to run round the crufts course a few time …….

Ohhhh not that kind of agility 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

start skateboarding and buy a slackline

JCL
    Free Member

Olympic standard gymnastics.

beiciwr64
    Free Member
    maccruiskeen

I should mention that I fractured my pelvis, and hip about 14 years ago and have bad knees

In that case… Wheelchair Basketball 🙂

or Dressage

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘How to improve my agility?’ is closed to new replies.