Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • How to help an ill baby?!
  • bainbrge

The problem we have with the little one (now 5 months old) is she won’t/can’t take calpol. She will literally throw it back up within 5 seconds. No amount of subtlety will stop it.

Same. Try the calpol with sugar, rather than sugar free.

Might not have been the solution, but seemed to work.

andybrad

get the proper full fat calpol. Anything else is hard to get into our little one.

Diflam spray if they cant eat / drink. works wonders.

funnily enough ive been up since 4 with ours today. 🙁 Coffee please

efcwils
    Free Member

Our little girl (7 months old today) has been struggling with the double whammy of teething and a cold 🙁
    The Calpol plug in has worked really well for us, the snufflebabe lotion didn’t seem to do much. We’ve got an in ear digital thermometer that has been really helpful and I’d definitely recommend having one.
    Picked up some saline nasal spray, but haven’t used it yet, pretty sure she’ll hate it!

Luckily we’ve got a wireless digital thermostat for the central heating which helps as we can keep the room a consistent temperature. As others have said, don’t let them get too hot.

Lots of cuddles and reassurance goes a long way, lack of sleep is hard but if you share the load it makes things slightly easier.
    I was up between 1:30 till 2:15, then again at 4:00, alarm went off at 05:00 for a 06:00 start at work 🙁

obadiah
    Free Member

Sterimar is highly recommended (I’m a long-term user – COPD & chronic asthmatic) will clear wee-one’s gunked-up nose safely.
    See link below. PM me if you cannot get it locally and I’ll send you some, although that will be too long-winded to help out now.

http://www.boots.com/sterimar-isotonic-nasal-hygiene-spray-100ml-10028386

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘How to help an ill baby?!’ is closed to new replies.