• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by qtip.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How to get dirty tyre marks off walls :?:
  • j2b2
    Free Member

Hi
    I live in a small rented flat and my MTB takes up space and is always being shunted round from room to room.
    Does anyone have any secret tricks on how to magically get rid of dirty tyre marks off walls? I am hoping not to have to repaint the flat before I move out!
    Many thanks..

weeksy

Wet wipes.

nickjb
    Free Member

Just find the right colour paint in a tester pot. Paint over the mark and feather the edges and it should disappear. Worked in my last rented flat. If you clean it you risk taking some paint off which will likely be very thin.

thomthumb
    Free Member

sugar soap.

bigmandh
    Free Member

That magic sponge eraser thing you get in B&M or pound stretcher type stores

allan23
    Free Member

This works well, went through a couple of packs of this helping a friend get their deposit back after moving out of a rented house.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

As above. Or a microfibre cloth and a little detergent, but this usually removes the paint too fast.

thenorthwind

I find a surprising amount of marks can be removed with an ordinary plastic pencil eraser.

plyphon
    Free Member

These things are great, but as thenorthwind states – just a normal pencil eraser will remove a surprising number of stains.

Tyre marks, dirty keyboards, stains on mugs – theres not much I don’t attack with a rubber before becoming an adult and looking up proper cleaning techniques.

jekkyl

yup wet wipes.

kimbers

Baby wipes will clean anything FACT

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Another vote for baby wipes, scaryly good at removing marks etc… Makes me worry slightly for my son’s skin.

qtip

Soft white pencil eraser has always worked for me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How to get dirty tyre marks off walls :?:’ is closed to new replies.