Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • How to get a mini digger into my garden?
  • rocco

Just had our back garden cleared and now looking at doing some landscaping and digging foudations for a new retaining wall so need to get a digger into the garden, I don’t fancy doing it all by hand.

Access at the back is difficult and nearly non-existant so it would need to come through the front garden and down the side path. Our house is lower than the road with approx 4 foot wall/drop from pavement to garden. Can I somehow get a mini/micro digger down?

Looking at hiring one of these http://www.alphatoolhire.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/4820_Micro-Micro_Plus_Issue_3%5B1%5D.pdf

thejesmonddingo

Hire a drone,they make all kinds of deliveries.

leonthepro
    Free Member

Just did similar last weekend. Used old slaps and wood to make steps then used the bucket and arm to help lower it down. Placed the bucket on the lower side drove out over the gap using the bucket and arm to keep the digger level then slowly lowered and drove forward inch by inch. Hope that makes sense.

Similar to this [video]https://youtu.be/rh1WACbdswQ[/video]

tootallpaul

RichPenny
    Free Member

dig your way in underneath your neighbours house.

jamesy01
    Free Member

Ask the hire company if they can drop it over the wall with a hiab.

wolly
    Free Member

You can get a micro digger that will fit through a standard doorway

Jewsons

Sandwich

Trebuchet?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Make sure you wear the safety belt. My sisters best friend was killed when his hired mini digger tipped over and he was trapped under the roll bar.

Kuco

Sorry to hear that Rockhopper 🙁 I have to agree mini diggers can be very unstable and easy to tip over when used on uneven surfaces.

maccruiskeen

Trebuchet

Gesundheit

project
    Free Member

what abut access from a neighbours garden

garage-dweller

Phone the army and see if they need to practice their heavy helicopter lifts and get a Chinook to pop it over the top. 😛

maccruiskeen

Phone the army and see if they need to practice for the Royal Tournament

windyg
    Free Member

Hire a Kanga Kid with a trencher

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s not one to be taken lightly, micros with adjustable tracks are a piece of piss to tip over. I’ve been driving for years, in fact I’m now actually ticketed and I treat micros with care. Everything happens at warp speed on full revs, do not attempt any tricky manoeuvres with the tracks still “in”

Stoner
    Free Member

just go for it 😀

needed to do some major works at the back of the old house. But clinging to the side of Mt Malvern access was always going to be tricky.

Took out the fence and the digger driver seized the opportunity to show off.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Little 2t taekuchi stoner? Cracking machines.

Stoner
    Free Member

and chappie could pirouette and pas de deux it all across the site. Class act.

timber

Small diggers are ridiculously unstable. what’s the biggest you could get down the side? Your drop is bigger than the effective track length of that digger you linked to. Will need quite a bit of infill to drive it off the edge. Things start to get more steady at 3-tonne. I’m not a proper ticketed digger driver by the way, just means I have to make sure I don’t cock it up.

Have you considered an auger for the bulk of the excavation? As long as your ground isn’t too rocky you may get away with it and will just have to join the holes.

timber

And a tilt/swivel bucket Stoner?
    More 7-tonne I think though.

Trying to do anything like that in the pictures above in anything smaller than a 3 ton digger is almost certain death !
    Where abouts are you?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

💡 Pump track, maybe knock the ground floor out too, do it you know it makes sense.

Stoner
    Free Member

And a tilt/swivel bucket Stoner?
    More 7-tonne I think though.

bang on

wrightyson
    Free Member

I have no idea where i got 2t from. It’s a 7.5 ton. Tbey piss all over the competition. Can’t see why track length would matter though?

I_did_dab
    Free Member

I would say use magnesis or attach a couple of octoballoons and waft it with a korok leaf.*

*I have been off work and playing way too much Zelda: BOTW

nedrapier

North Shore woodwork? Seesaw or Helter-skelter – your choice.

timber

If the tracks are shorter than the drop, they won’t bridge from top to bottom as you lower down. 3 1/2′ tracks would not get you down a 4′ drop unless 5.10 are doing digger tracks now.
    Not an issue if you have rubble infill to track down, as the drop is reduced.

But up for knowing alternative methods, could get the mini digger in the tractor trailer and save some tracking time.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘How to get a mini digger into my garden?’ is closed to new replies.