Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How to follow a TCX route on an iphone 6s ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

My Garmin has packed up and I’ve got a TCX map route plotted on Bike Hike that I normally load into the Garmin as a course then follow on a custom map of the area.

Is there an app I can do the same thing on, I’ve got the TCX file on an email ?

Garmin is a piece of crap BTW !

carlos
    Free Member

Have you tried rewiring it?? 😆

bri-72

Gps tracks app? Not sure about tcx but can import gpx and other formats iirc

iolo
    Free Member
    kevj
    Free Member

I use ViewRanger on both Android phone and iPad (used to plan routes) with OS maps loaded onto both. The standard file format for routes is .gpx and you can get a free .tcx to .gpx converter.

belugabob
    Free Member

Bikehike can save GPX format, so I’d recommend that, as you’re more likely to find something to load this format.

I’ve found viewranger to be good – you can use their web app to plan routes (or import existing ones) then simply sync up your phone to get the route on there. You can also download map tiles whilst at home, so you don’t need to rely on a phone signal whilst out on the trails.

johnnystorm

OSMAND is pretty good. Also handy as a regular car sat nav too. Just choose which maps you want to store locally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to follow a TCX route on an iphone 6s ?’ is closed to new replies.